Eight Unbreakable Rules for Hard-Core Tea Party Activists (o

17 Aug 2010 22:48 #1 by Blazer Bob
......................."1. Vote for a hard-core challenger on the other side against a squishy incumbent. This rule separates the hard core members from the soft core members. It has a corollary: A first-term incumbent next election is easier to beat than a squishy incumbent this election. It is always hard to defeat an incumbent. Do what you can to defeat any incumbent, no matter which party he belongs to, if he is squishy on the issue you regard as fundamental. Why is this so important? Incumbents must become deathly afraid of your movement. Take out a few dozen of them in the next election and the one that follows, and many others will cooperate. As Sen. Everett Dirksen put it so long ago, "When we feel the heat, we see the light." In short, you do not settle for the lesser of two evils. You eliminate them both, one election at a time: first the softie, then the newbie.

2. Hold your newly elected politician's feet to the fire the first time he breaks ranks on a key vote. He is like a puppy. When he leaves a mess on the carpet, get out the switch. "Bad dog! Bad dog!" Let him remember that switch"................

http://www.garynorth.com/public/6827.cfm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Aug 2010 10:30 #2 by FredHayek
Maybe one of the reasons I haven't joined the Tea Party. Would I prefer electing enough moderate GOP incumbents so that we win back the House & Senate, or stay a permanent minority that doesn't deviate from the plan?

Bush 2000-2006 is my plan, which wasn't entirely satisfactory, but much preferable to Obama 2008-2009.

It the TEA party is able to go with their plan and become the majority in both houses, then I will cheer them on, but I am doubtful. I don't think Colorado will even elect a GOP governor nor Senator. I do like the Right to take back a couple house seats in Colorado.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Aug 2010 10:47 #3 by Nmysys
NeptuneChimney:

What are the other 6 Rules so we can make sure we live up to rules set out by everyone else than what we come up with for ourselves?

18 Aug 2010 13:28 #4 by Blazer Bob

Nmysys wrote: NeptuneChimney:

What are the other 6 Rules so we can make sure we live up to rules set out by everyone else than what we come up with for ourselves?

it is in the link

18 Aug 2010 14:41 #5 by outdoor338
Nep..thanks for the good laugh, what you posted should be on comedy central...info pretty much in the tank, and funny..I do agree with three of his points, and they do point to obama:
6. Instill fear. This is your #1 task, once he takes office. Listening to obama talk about how Republicans have driven the car in the ditch, while America is watch obama and the lib's drive the car off the cliff..this will be proved in Nov when we vote.

7. Inflict pain. This is the basis of #6. Obama..with the economy and loss of jobs, and many losing their homes..there is alot of pain, and you can quit whining about bush, your messiah has shipwrecked this great country.

8. Trust, but verify. If your group refuses to verify, it should not trust. We don't trust obama whatsoever, he has broken some many of his promises..no one believes in his change!

18 Aug 2010 15:35 #6 by Nmysys
Neptunechimney:

I actually agree with most of what it says. Thank you.

Not all, but then I have never considered myself hard core, maybe others do.

23 Aug 2010 21:47 #7 by Blazer Bob
John D. I think you missed your intended thread.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds