Law banning rainwater collection could be reversed

24 Feb 2016 07:25 #11 by Jukerado
It is truly shocking that anyone would want to collect our precious water. Water hoarders! We can only imagine the subversive uses to which such hoarded water would be implemented - things such as watering plants to bear fruit and vegetables, or cultivate flowers to beautify the state!

Even more shocking is that you can order a rain barrel from Home Depot and have it delivered right to your door. Barrels such as THIS one will even be shipped for FREE! :woohoo:

www.homedepot.com/p/RESCUE-40-Gal-Waters...arrel-2284/100660637

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Feb 2016 07:42 #12 by cydl
The horror!!! The outrage!!!! :woohoo:

...if you'll excuse me, I have some online shopping to do... :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jukerado

24 Feb 2016 07:52 #13 by Jukerado
"What are you in for?"

"Armed robbery. You?"

"Rain barrel."
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

25 Mar 2016 11:16 #14 by SAM1
I wonder if I would collect snow in barrels and after it melted and use the water, who would own that ??????

25 Mar 2016 12:51 #15 by ScienceChic
Good question SAM1 - let's do an experiment where you do that and we'll call the cops and tell them, then see if they haul you away. :P

(Just kidding)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Apr 2016 12:49 #16 by ScienceChic
About time! :P

Rain barrels could soon be legal in Colorado
Jessica Oh, KUSA
April 01, 2016

DENVER - Soon, it will no longer be illegal to collect and re-use rain water in Colorado.

After dying on the House floor last year, the rain barrel bill is now on its way to being signed into law.

HB16-1105 was passed Friday morning by a majority of legislators on the Senate floor. The bill must be signed by Governor Hickenlooper before it takes effect on August 10.

Under the law, Colorado residents will be allowed to own up to two, 55-gallon rain barrels.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Apr 2016 13:23 #17 by Jukerado
Under the law, Colorado residents will be allowed to own up to two, 55-gallon rain barrels.

Thus, if you have five people living in your house, you can each own two, for a total of 10. Excellent! :atlas:

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds