New Bailey CBD specialty rec dispensary to open please SUPPORT!

22 May 2015 07:28 - 22 May 2015 08:06 #21 by tray
Please don't get confused with the 2 new applications for MJ on 285. Reggies and Tj's building applications for 2 different places, 2 different applicants. They will NOT be working together. Rob at (tj's old building WILL NOT be processing oils for Canna Cabana.

CRODELL I will support your application at Reggies. But PLEASE don't be telling people you will be having your oils done at TJ'S building. BECAUSE THAT IS NOT TRUE. This oil processing you talk about hasn't even been dicussed with Rob. I will be at the meetings. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 May 2015 08:12 - 22 May 2015 08:13 #22 by HappyCamper

tray wrote: Please don't get confused with the 2 new applications for MJ on 285. Reggies and Tj's building applications for 2 different places, 2 different applicants. They will NOT be working together. Rob at (tj's old building WILL NOT be processing oils for Canna Cabana.

CRODELL I will support your application at Reggies. But PLEASE don't be telling people you will be having your oils done at TJ'S building. BECAUSE THAT IS NOT TRUE. This oil processing you talk about hasn't even been dicussed with Rob. I will be at the meetings. :(

So my question for CRODELL is where will the oil be processed?

For those that will be at the TJ Woods building will you be processing any oil?

My concerns are safety related only we live in the mountains and if something goes wrong and there would be some sort of explosion it could cause a big problem up here.

22 May 2015 10:06 #23 by PrintSmith

tray wrote: Please don't get confused with the 2 new applications for MJ on 285. Reggies and Tj's building applications for 2 different places, 2 different applicants. They will NOT be working together. Rob at (tj's old building WILL NOT be processing oils for Canna Cabana.

That may be my fault more than crodell's. I think I am the one that linked the two earlier in the thread. My apologies for any confusion that may have created.

22 May 2015 10:09 - 26 May 2015 07:17 #24 by tray

22 May 2015 12:42 #25 by crodell
Please don't get confused with the 2 new applications for MJ on 285. Reggies and Tj's building applications for 2 different places, 2 different applicants. They will NOT be working together. Rob at (tj's old building WILL NOT be processing oils for Canna Cabana.

*Your right, of course their application has not been approved, i do not know how experienced they are either. I only meant that if i can i will support local business. This is dependant on their ability to do it, and their experience. Its less gas and time to use locals as well, but i have not met the owner or talked to him yet. I figured i would wait and see how their application goes (and mine) before getting too ahead of myself. I was just asked how i would be making the oil and the answer is i wont, i have to use someone else that has a license. Thank you for supporting this, if you could speak briefly on your thoughts to my location it would be a great help. I can see the community having a few people that are really against this, and they will be the ones that show up despite the hundreds in support of it, that typically wont. This gives a skewed view of how the community feels and its good to have a full range of responses. Thanks again for your community involvement.

22 May 2015 12:55 #26 by crodell
So my question for CRODELL is where will the oil be processed?
My concerns are safety related only we live in the mountains and if something goes wrong and there would be some sort of explosion it could cause a big problem up here.

* See last post for the first part of your question. Just a note since i believe he is not reading these posts, i will try to give an answer for Tj's. I am not affiliated with him and cannot speak for the owners but i have some knowledge about facilities similar to the one they are proposing: licensed facilities are a little like a bomb shelter. Labs are not cheap or thrown together haphazardly. Whats on the news are unlicensed people doing this in their homes. Licensed facilities are rated and designed based on the flammability of the extract process. Co2 extraction for example is not dangerous except to the possibility of the gas leaking and smothering the people in the building. they have alarms and exhaust systems for this kind of stuff. But they would not be required to have an explosion containing system. For more flammable methods, it gets more expensive and the building has to be designed differently. What you should really be concerned about are the unlicensed people all over that number in the hundreds. Having a licensed facility wouldnt stop them but the idea in both my case and his is to slowly shift what already is happening from something that is not monitored and controlled, to somewhere it is safe and secure, and can be tracked.

22 May 2015 13:27 #27 by Nobody that matters

crodell wrote: I can see the community having a few people that are really against this, and they will be the ones that show up despite the hundreds in support of it, that typically wont.

You might be looking at the community response through rose colored glasses. I think your idea of a few against .vs. hundreds for is a bit skewed.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

22 May 2015 15:07 #28 by crodell
i am guessing its about 10% that are really opposed. I have been canvassing and almost everyone is very supportive. A few people were negative, and a few were indifferent but overall i feel the representation of support is much larger than the opposition.

22 May 2015 16:10 #29 by HappyCamper

crodell wrote: So my question for CRODELL is where will the oil be processed?

* See last post for the first part of your question. Just a note since i believe he is not reading these posts, i will try to give an answer for Tj's. I am not affiliated with him and cannot speak for the owners but i have some knowledge about facilities similar to the one they are proposing: licensed facilities are a little like a bomb shelter. Labs are not cheap or thrown together haphazardly. Whats on the news are unlicensed people doing this in their homes. Licensed facilities are rated and designed based on the flammability of the extract process. Co2 extraction for example is not dangerous except to the possibility of the gas leaking and smothering the people in the building. they have alarms and exhaust systems for this kind of stuff. But they would not be required to have an explosion containing system. For more flammable methods, it gets more expensive and the building has to be designed differently. What you should really be concerned about are the unlicensed people all over that number in the hundreds. Having a licensed facility wouldnt stop them but the idea in both my case and his is to slowly shift what already is happening from something that is not monitored and controlled, to somewhere it is safe and secure, and can be tracked.

Maybe I should pose the question differently...

If you are making oil where are you making it and please tell me about that type of facility you will have.

I will say again my concern is for the safety of all of us living in the mountains and please don't tell me about those people that do it illegally. If you want my support you need to tell me where it will be and why your facility will be safe.

Thanks

23 May 2015 16:26 #30 by crodell
"If you are making oil where are you making it and please tell me about that type of facility you will have.
I will say again my concern is for the safety of all of us living in the mountains and please don't tell me about those people that do it illegally. If you want my support you need to tell me where it will be and why your facility will be safe."

A: I will not be making the oil, i will only grow the plant. My facility will not have a processing area. It is still undetermined who i will use to turn it from plant matter into oil. It will depend on several factors including experience, location, and what kind of oil they can make. TJ's is not involved in this discussion so you would need to contact them or attend the meeting on the 28th to ask the owner. They do have an application in for processing material, but im not sure what kind of methods they will use. The two applications on the 28th are not linked its just a coincidence we are both being heard on the same day.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds