Manufacturing Useful Idiots

12 Nov 2015 16:16 #1 by Rick
This video speaks for itself...

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Nov 2015 22:16 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Manufacturing Useful Idiots
Another oppressed little snowflake..

"I'm tired of hearing first amendment rights protect students"

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 Nov 2015 07:58 #3 by cydl
Replied by cydl on topic Manufacturing Useful Idiots
Could you please post the links, Rick? I'd love to see these but I don't have Flash - too many security issues.

Here's a good one as well.

( Student Interview )

It's truly depressing and scary how many young adults seem to be clueless about basic economics.

13 Nov 2015 09:15 - 13 Nov 2015 09:17 #4 by Rick
When I post the link, it automatically puts up the video even without doing this [youtube] [/youtube] (or is it only me that can see the video?)

anyway, you posted the same as my first. I'll try to figure out how to post a link only.

George Orwell

13 Nov 2015 09:32 #5 by Rick

cydl wrote: It's truly depressing and scary how many young adults seem to be clueless about basic economics.

I think that's bad, but I think it's more scary that these sensitive snowflakes are threatened by the concept of free speech and the diversity of ideas.

George Orwell

13 Nov 2015 09:41 #6 by cydl
Replied by cydl on topic Manufacturing Useful Idiots

Rick wrote: I think that's bad, but I think it's more scary that these sensitive snowflakes are threatened by the concept of free speech and the diversity of ideas.

On the link - click on the little globe with the link icon (just to the left of the ebay icon).

I completely agree. I was under the impression that one of the key purposes of universities was to be exposed to different ideas and philosophies as well as being a forum to exchange differing views and opinions freely.

These little snowflakes that are just the type to get out into the workforce, find that they can't go running to someone each time their widdle feelings are hurt, and so go ballistic.

Our founding fathers would be appalled. (ohhh...that's sexist, isn't it???) :whistle:

13 Nov 2015 09:49 - 13 Nov 2015 09:50 #7 by Rick
[url]=http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-9A9bZ2MKQ[/url]

George Orwell

13 Nov 2015 09:55 #8 by Jukerado
I am offended that somehow, I suspect I am supposed to be offended by something. I'm not quite sure what that is, but am confident that if awarded a major appliance, I would be comforted in knowing my rights were being protected.

But in all (ha) seriousness - it sounds like the majority of these pampered children don't even understand what they're protesting. Love that sophomore who tweeted about her "TEACHER" forging ahead with a scheduled exam. Oh, the horror!! "We're protesting, and he's a racist for making us come to class..."

Another argument for entering the trades instead of the universities ...

13 Nov 2015 10:25 #9 by Rick
University of Minnesota Rejects 9/11 Remembrance Because it Might Incite Racism

Here's another instance of political correctness on a college campus going a smidge too far, courtesy of the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities: A proposed resolution to recognize the 9/11 terrorist attacks on campus each year was rejected by the Minnesota Student Association as it may potentially violate a "safe space" on campus.

Maybe we will forget faster than I thought

townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle...cite-racism-n2079788

George Orwell

13 Nov 2015 10:26 #10 by Rick

Jukerado wrote: Another argument for entering the trades instead of the universities ...

Yup!

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds