What Finally Becomes Of Our Fears - our response to terrorism

29 Mar 2016 18:07 #21 by Blazer Bob

ramage wrote: People,
I don't have a dog in this fight. (Sorry about the pun, Something the Dog said). My issue is with the current government of the USA. Both Republicans and Democrats. Judging by the support that Sanders and Trump are receiving from opposite ends of the political spectrum I am not alone. My frustration is with an establishment that does not listen to the public that elected them and the dishonesty that they exhibit, once elected to pubic office, including the President and the Congress. Sanders and Trump frighten these people, again, from different perspectives.
Laws and oaths seem to apply only to us, peons, not the ruling class. Look at the money amassed by politicians while in office, LBJ, Harry Reid, Eric Cantor to name but a few. Quite frankly I would prefer a Sanders or Trump presidency and let the chips fall were they may. Perhaps during those 4-8 years a new (NOT THIRD PARTY) will surface and the will of the people will be expressed.
I have opinions as to what I would want the government to do and neither Sanders nor Trump mirror them, but i am more than ready to show the door to the current established politicians.

:like:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Mar 2016 23:53 #22 by Blazer Bob

Something the Dog Said wrote: ....There has been little terrorism in the U.S. from foreign sources since 9/11. Almost all terrorism in the U.S. has been from domestic sources, primarily white conservative males.

Nailed it again.

www.jpost.com/Diaspora/US-scholar-blames...-Islamophobia-449611

"In an recording aired on the Iranian television channel's news site, Dr. Kevin Barrett, a former professor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is heard saying that the current rash of terror attacks were not perpetrated by Islamists, rather carried out as "false-flag" operations under the auspices of the American and Israeli militaries."

30 Mar 2016 08:08 #23 by intheaspens

Something the Dog Said wrote: ....There has been little terrorism in the U.S. from foreign sources since 9/11. Almost all terrorism in the U.S. has been from domestic sources, primarily white conservative males.

uh...really??

www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/american-attacks.aspx
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jukerado

13 Apr 2016 22:06 #24 by ScienceChic
To combat a problem, you must first have the facts and numbers.

By The Numbers - The Untold Story of Muslim Opinions & Demographics

Published on Dec 10, 2015

By the Numbers is an honest and open discussion about Muslim opinions and demographics. Narrated by Raheel Raza, president of Muslims Facing Tomorrow, this short film is about the acceptance that radical Islam is a bigger problem than most politically correct governments and individuals are ready to admit. Is ISIS, the Islamic State, trying to penetrate the U.S. with the refugee influx? Are Muslims radicalized on U.S. soil? Are organizations such as CAIR, who purport to represent American Muslims accepting and liberal or radicalized with links to terror organizations?

It's time to have your say, go to go.clarionproject.org/numbers-full-film/

‘Fraidy Cat
by Jim Wright, Stonekettle Station
Monday, March 14, 2016

Fear.

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

That’s what Franklin Delano Roosevelt once said.

What Roosevelt meant was that while the nation – and the world – faced significant problems, all of them were manageable. All of the problems could be solved, overcome, beaten. The nation, the government, the people, needed to work together, they needed to roll up their sleeves and get busy solving the issues, instead of cowering alone in fear and panic and depression.

You can’t fix the problem if you can’t talk about it.

Hell, you can’t even define what the problem is, if you can’t talk about it.

The fact of the matter is this: There is nothing to fear.

Of the problems we face today, gun violence, North Korea, climate change, energy, the economy, jobs, all are solvable. Every single one. Many of these problems have more than one solution. And if we don’t get it right the first time, we’ll keep at it until we do get it right – providing we face the problem instead of cowering under the couch like my stupid white cat.

Fear, like hatred, is learned. And, again like hatred, fear becomes habit.

www.stonekettle.com/2016/03/fraidy-cat.html

FDR's First Inaugural Address

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds