Park County Commissioner District 3 Election 2018

14 Sep 2018 19:16 #11 by SouthParkChamber
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Sep 2018 15:31 #12 by Mountain-News-Events
Park County Candidate Forum 2018 Videos
League of Women Voters of Jefferson County
Published on Sep 21, 2018
WATCH Ray Douglas (Republican), April Dawn Knudsen (unaffiliated) and Michele Wayland (Democrat) answer questions about land use, the recruitment & retention of county employees and more.
The forum was conducted by the League of Women Voters. Find out more at our online Voters' Guide at VOTE411.org.
The video is the full one-hour forum recorded on 09/14/18 in two segments.
Thank you to the Paul Fuller, Technology Director and his team at Platte Canyon School District for recording this event.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

25 Sep 2018 16:39 #13 by AD4Park
Attachments:

01 Oct 2018 11:54 #14 by AD4Park
Come connect with me, April Dawn, Unaffiliated Candidate for Park County Commissioner, this Thursday (10/4) anytime from 4pm - 6:30pm at the South Park Mercantile, 12787 HWY 24, Hartsel, Colorado 80449. See ya there!
www.aprildawn4park.co

Attachments:

07 Oct 2018 13:22 #15 by Mountain-News-Events
MEET YOUR COUNTY COMMISSIONER CANDIDATE FOR DISTRICT #3

Michele Wayland

Saturday, October 13, 2018
1:00 to 3:00 pm
307 Hitchrack Road
Bailey, Colorado 80421

Light refreshments

RSVP to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

12 Oct 2018 18:07 - 12 Oct 2018 18:09 #16 by AD4Park
I'm happy to announce that we've released a little campaign video!!

It can be accessed via Youtube using the following link:

Please share far and wide!
Thanks for your love and support; just 25 days till the election!

I'll be at The Bull Moose in Guffey tomorrow from 2:30pm - 5pm. Stop over, I'd love to connect with you!

Attachments:

16 Oct 2018 08:50 #17 by AD4Park
Come join me for a beer -- I'll be at South Park Brewing Colorado from 5pm - 7pm.
I'd love to connect with you!

Have you picked up the Flume this week?
www.theflume.com/free_content/article_8f...55-1b085026131f.html

Ballots hit the mail this week!
Make Your Voice Heard!! #VOTE #AD4Park
www.aprildawn4park.co
Attachments:

23 Oct 2018 13:57 #18 by AD4Park
Park County Deputy Pay:
I'm happy to clarify my position on pay for our Deputies.
Park County's schools start teachers out at around $33k. This is the baseline for a college educated person (who typically has debt), with no experience. My husband, is a highly qualified science teacher with nine years of experience, currently makes $37k.

In my opinion, a rookie deputy starting out at $33k - $35k is inline with similar fields across Park County. Yes -- This needs to be raised for all, but rather than raising the baseline, I'd suggest a graduated expectations/achievement scale that encourages deputies to stay with our department understanding that they can improve pay with experience and credentials.

As an example:
Rookie with no experience: $34k +housing stipend(?)
1 year experience (+$1.5k and housing stipend)
2 years experience + new credit/professional development (+2k)
3 years experience + new credit/professional development . . . etc
A reasonable goal could be that in 4 years they're making $42k and no longer have a housing stipend.

In the meantime, I'd like to explore finding grants to support capitol purchases in the Sheriff's Dept (vehicles, safety gear, etc). By using grant funding to support capitol/tangible needs we can reallocate some of these budget funds to support staff pay.

If you'd like to talk more fully about this issues, I'd welcome the opportunity to connect! This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

25 Oct 2018 10:40 #19 by AD4Park
Because I support law enforcement and believe in transparent communication in order to achieve the best outcomes for Park County; Sheriff Elect Tom McGraw and I met for coffee this morning.
We each listened generously and shared our positions.
What was shared: I believe that the whole of Park County's employees are underpaid and the BOCC must focus on strategies to improve the livelihood of Park County's workforce. I also acknowledged the deep need to improve outcomes for the SO and Road & Bridge. I have deep respect for Mr. McGraw passionately advocating that the primary focus must be on prioritizing raises for SO employees. Mr. McGraw's job is to advocate on behalf of his department, and he is honoring this responsibility well.
We each left this conversation with renewed respect, new understandings, and well wishes. Mr. McGraw wished April Dawn Knudsen luck with the election, and we shared in the excitement of all that is to come for our communities.
Attachments:

03 Nov 2018 06:11 #20 by AD4Park
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds