Michael Cohen, President Trump’s former personal attorney, reaches plea deal

23 Aug 2018 13:42 - 23 Aug 2018 13:42 #11 by driver8

FredHayek wrote: B) B) So Congress which had a slush fund for paying off women who they had sexually assaulted is going to attack the President for paying off women? Too funny.

I think people who have a any sense of morals would have an issue with a president that not only paid off at LEAST 2 women, large amounts of money, and lied about it. But that is not even what bothers me, he did it many times on 2 previous wives. These two 'affairs' were while his current trophy wife was pregnant. And it appears Fred a zero issues with it. I think we know how and why trump got elected. His base lacks morals.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Aug 2018 15:12 - 23 Aug 2018 15:13 #12 by FredHayek

driver8 wrote:

FredHayek wrote: B) B) So Congress which had a slush fund for paying off women who they had sexually assaulted is going to attack the President for paying off women? Too funny.

I think people who have a any sense of morals would have an issue with a president that not only paid off at LEAST 2 women, large amounts of money, and lied about it. But that is not even what bothers me, he did it many times on 2 previous wives. These two 'affairs' were while his current trophy wife was pregnant. And it appears Fred a zero issues with it. I think we know how and why trump got elected. His base lacks morals.

Did you think President Clinton was an upstanding politician having affairs with office interns and Gennifer Flowers as Governor of Arkansas? Or raping women like Juanita Broderick?

I didn't vote for Trump, but to think politicians are angels is to be in denial, especially when you think only one party has bad characters. Even Barack Obama admits to doing drugs like MJ and cocaine. Eisenhower had an affair with his driver in WWII. JFK had multiple affairs. As did FDR.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Aug 2018 15:23 #13 by hillfarmer
Is there plenty of corruption to go around. Sure. Clinton was no angel, nor should he treated as one. However, simply passing this off as "politics as usual" is not going to get it. The fact that the current inhabitant is all the things listed in the posts above is what is important today, and Trump is as morally corrupt and forthrightly criminal as any human being I have ever seen. There is no excuse for who he is and what he has done.

28 Aug 2018 14:46 #14 by Rick
Still no laws broken... maybe they can find some old video of Trump jaywalking and run that 24/7 on CNN. Did you see Cohen's lawyer and Clinton friend Lanny Davis on CNN saying that Cohen had some kind of proof Trump knew about the inconsequential Russia meeting? Now he had to walk that back because like everybody else, he's a lying piece of shit. CNN still going with it though lol. Can't wait to see another piece of shit, Bruce Ohr going down in epic flames (for being a corrupt TDS scumbag)

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

28 Aug 2018 17:46 #15 by Brandon
It's a good sign when the tools start getting hysterical.

28 Aug 2018 19:13 #16 by ScienceChic
CNN screwed up (as did other networks) having Davis on; never believe the word of a paid sycophant.

Tell me though, do you truly think there are "no laws broken" when Cohen has pleaded guilty to serious charges and all but named Trump as the person who has directed him to pay off women with whom he's had affairs? Do our elected officials having ethics, integrity, and morals not matter to you?

You can't be so naive as to think that Trump is innocent with so many of his colleagues having been found guilty or pleading guilty in exchange for reduced sentences or offering to cooperate? I remember when there was a brouhaha about Obama's association with Rev. Jeremiah Wright who was caught spouting inflammatory rhetoric, and how that had to mean something about who Obama was. Well, now Manafort has been guilty by a jury of 12 Americans of being guilty on 8 federal counts, several of Trump's campaign committee have pleaded guilty to various egregious charges and are awaiting sentencing. Allen Weisselberg, the Trump Foundation's Chief Financial Officer, David Pecker, Chairman and CEO of American Media, and Dylan Howard, AMI's chief content officer all got immunity deals last week - every single one of these men know Trump's deepest, darkest secrets, helped bury them for him, and now are cooperating in exchange for immunity. If you still think Trump is innocent and this is a witch hunt, I have coastline to sell you.

Don't be surprised if Donald Trump Jr is indicted soon.

AP: National Enquirer hid damaging Trump stories in a safe

By Jeff Horwitz | AP
August 23

WASHINGTON — The National Enquirer kept a safe containing documents on hush money payments and other damaging stories it killed as part of its cozy relationship with Donald Trump leading up to the 2016 presidential election, people familiar with the arrangement told The Associated Press.

The detail came as several media outlets reported on Thursday that federal prosecutors had granted immunity to National Enquirer chief David Pecker, potentially laying bare his efforts to protect his longtime friend Trump.

Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg granted immunity in Cohen probe
Kevin Breuninger | Tucker Higgins
Published 10:48 AM ET Fri, 24 Aug 2018

Allen Weisselberg, longtime chief financial officer of the Trump Organization, has been granted immunity by federal prosecutors as part of their investigation into President Donald Trump's former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, NBC News reported Friday, citing multiple people with knowledge of the matter.

On Tuesday, without using Weisselberg's name, federal prosecutors accused him in a document of instructing an unidentified Trump Organization employee to reimburse Cohen for hush-money payments to one of two women who claimed they had extramarital affairs with Trump.

The immunity grant to Weisselberg, who is referred to as "Executive 1" in the Manhattan federal court documents, adds to the legal woes of the president.

Immunity for Trump CFO Is a Potential Game-Changer
Prosecutors know that Allen Weisselberg is privy to the Trump Organization’s most sensitive information.
By Timothy L. O'Brien, Bloomberg Opinion
August 24, 2018

Allen Weisselberg is an unassuming, soft-spoken guy who has spent decades avoiding the limelight, first in the 1970s as an accountant for President Donald Trump’s father, Fred, and then as the Trump Organization’s chief financial officer.

The Wall Street Journal reported Friday that Weisselberg — who has also watched over the president’s personal finances and tax returns while currently running the Trump Organization with Trump’s two eldest sons — received immunity from federal prosecutors in their case against Trump’s lawyer and self-described fixer, Michael Cohen.

Weisselberg’s cooperation is a potentially momentous turn of events for the president. Depending on how prosecutors proceed, it may take the federal tax- and bank-fraud investigation of Cohen — and, more important, Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe involving Russian interference in the 2016 election — out of some of the relatively low-stakes legal issues in play so far and into the heart of the Trump Organization and the president’s business and financial dealings.

Last month, it was reported that a grand jury had subpoenaed Weisselberg to testify in the federal investigation of Cohen and Trump’s hush-money payments to two Trump paramours during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Pecker’s immunity agreement may, therefore, be relatively narrow and limited to the prosecution of Cohen by the Manhattan U.S. attorney. Weisselberg, on the other hand, surely knows things that travel beyond the borders of the Cohen investigation and into the more sprawling landscape of potential crimes that Mueller is investigating — including obstruction of justice, aiding and abetting a fraud, conspiracy against the U.S., and, in the words of the Constitution’s impeachment clause, possible “high crimes and misdemeanors” in the Oval Office.

And remember: It was a forensic accountant — the guy who knew all the boring details about taxes and buried financial bodies — who ultimately brought down Al Capone.

https://twitter.com/SpicyFiles/status/1033147622046031873
SpicyFiles Aug 24
Dear MSM,
The next twitter thread is just for you.
1) Trump + Pecker + Cohen circa 2010
2) you should really read the next tweet because I spent a few hours doing the research for you on the random 2011 PAC.
Wait for it...

No really you should probably dig deeper into this and at some point you will understand why the Trump Foundation and Iowa are oh so important
maddogpac.com/blogs/spicy-files/donald-trump-foundation-redux

John Oberlin @OMGno2trump Aug 25

Here's the situation. The Cohen case identifies 2 Trump executives and a media company as co-conspirators. The media company is Pecker, execute-1 is Weisselberg, CFO for Trump. So, Cohen, Pecker and Weisselberg have immunity to testify against executive-2. That's Trump Jr.

Natasha Bertrand Verified Account @NatashaBertrand Aug 24

Jerry George, the former LA bureau chief of the National Enquirer, tells @CNN that Trump had stories killed about his kids, ex-wives, and Melania, too. Says David Pecker knows about all of it.

Joyce Alene Verified account @JoyceWhiteVance Aug 24

You don’t give Trump Org CFO Weisselberg & David Pecker immunity just to prosecute Michael Cohen.

Kyle Griffin Verified account @kylegriffin1 Aug 23

The Manhattan district attorney's office is considering pursuing criminal charges against the Trump Organization and two senior company officials in connection with Michael Cohen's hush money payment to Stormy Daniels, NYT reports. www.nytimes.com/2018/08/23/nyregion/trum...l-charges-vance.html

Walter Shaub Verified account @waltshaub Aug 24

Lying in an OGE disclosure form is a crime. These can't be reconciled:

“Mr. Weisselberg arranged for the Trump Organization to reimburse Mr. Cohen” (WSJ)

The payments “came from me" (Trump on Wednesday)

“Mr. Trump fully reimbursed Mr. Cohen in 2017” (Trump's OGE disclosure)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

29 Aug 2018 11:16 #17 by Rick
Sorry I'm not going to read every article you post written by Trump hating hack "journalists", it just gets old and boring... I do appreciate that you did include some of your own thoughts which I did read. When Clinton was raping, abusing, and paying off his women, we were told that was just his own business. Personally, I think cheating on your wife is a pretty low thing to do but I also know that it's very common for both men and women because people are flawed pieces of crap. Still, there has to be consistency for both sides and if Democrats set an acceptable precedent, we shouldn't suddenly be shocked when a Republican does the same thing (less the rape... yes, we can believe the accusers).

My point is that the worthless media led by networks like CNN are acting more and more like political advocates instead of distributors or actual and factual news that is relevant to our lives. CNN has to eat a ton of crow over and over and there is nothing more satisfying than watching their ratings and reputation collapse. Maybe Trump will help to revive actual journalism as it was originally intended, but not CNN or MSNBC, they are hopelessly lost in their unhinged hysteria. Stay tuned for the next big story that will not take down Trump... lol

As for all these scumbags that did stuff wrong in the past and have nothing to do with Russian collusion or obstruction, I don't think you can make a good case that Trump knew about any of their crimes. At least he wasn't hanging out with terrorists, racists, and communist sympathizers... I see all those as being worse.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

29 Aug 2018 13:26 #18 by Brandon
It's like reading a parody of an argument. He doesn't have time to read articles, thinks that CNN is the premier example of biased news, and accuses other people of being hysterical when his posts includes "lol."

30 Aug 2018 09:40 #19 by ScienceChic
“If you resist reading what you disagree with, how will you ever acquire deeper insights into what you believe? The things most worth reading are precisely those that challenge our convictions.” ~Anonymous

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Aug 2018 11:03 - 30 Aug 2018 17:54 #20 by driver8
It's incredible that people like Rick and other trump supporters have totally checked out on reality. I have no idea where they can be getting their news besides fox/breitbart or #45 himself and have any ability to know what the facts really are. They find one story that was based on a lie from a smarmy lawyer and they think that wins the game. otherwise 99.8% of the rest of the news from all of these sources is accurate and well sourced. Fox might be 50%, if that.

It saddens me but I also realize that the best thing is that people like Rick and BB are members of a dying demographic. White men who have no desire to understand the truth and and live in their own bubble of ignorance. I wish this was just an ideological divide that is between them and the rest of the country, ideology can be debated and policy can be disagreed upon. But what the divide has become is their taking the side of a president that has no connection to the truth and they fall into that same realm of ignorance.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds