Credible Whistleblower Complaint being Withheld from Congress by Acting DNI Dir

07 Oct 2019 07:26 #11 by Brandon

towermonkey wrote: Just how many whistle blowers do you need

This isn't a nutbag conspiracy, so it's not about how many whistleblowers are needed. It's about people doing their jobs by protecting us from the idiot king.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Oct 2019 14:48 #12 by ScienceChic
But TM, that's just it, the actual transcript of the call has not been released, just a summary of it. What was said during the rest of the call? And what's in the other calls to other leaders that were hidden on that server?

SENATOR KING SUGGESTS AT LEAST 20 MINUTES ARE MISSING FROM TRUMP UKRAINE CALL TRANSCRIPT
BY DAVID BRENNAN, Newsweek | ON 10/2/19

Independent Senator Angus King has claimed that some 20 minutes of the phone call between President Donald Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky are missing from the White House memo detailing the conversation.

King told CNN host Anderson Cooper Tuesday that he and his staff had reconstructed the call using the memo, determining that more than two thirds of the call time was unaccounted for.

The full transcript of the now-infamous call between the two leaders has not been released. Though the document makes clear that the read out has been edited, it is not clear exactly how much has been cut, and what those sections may contain.

White House Memorandum of Telephone Conversation

Shared via tennesseestar.com/2019/09/25/white-house...ou-can-look-into-it/

The White House released a full, unredacted transcript Wednesday morning of President Donald Trump’s phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

The five-page transcript of the July 25 phone call is “not a verbatim transcript” of the discussion, but a record of “the notes and recollections of Situation Room Duty Officers.”

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 Oct 2019 04:54 #13 by Pony Soldier
If I posted something like that, I would be accused of wild conspiracy theories.

“King admitted that some, or even all, of the missing time could have been taken up by translators facilitating the call. "It may be there was a translator involved and that made it go much longer," the senator acknowledged.”

From your earth shattering “Newsweek” article buried towards the bottom. Of course they left out the translation in the transcript. Sheesh... this is just getting stupid. Have you stopped to ask why these whistle blowers are hiding their identities, why they are retaining an attorney who has a proven political agenda, why the first one went to Schiff first then through proper channels after the help writing up the complaint, why the impeachment inquiry that isn’t is being run through the intelligence committee instead of the judiciary Committee where it is historically run? Still no vote... am I supposed to wait for it?

08 Oct 2019 07:34 #14 by Brandon
What is this "vote" it keeps gibbering about?

08 Oct 2019 08:03 #15 by koobookie

towermonkey wrote: Sheesh... this is just getting stupid. Have you stopped to ask why these whistle blowers are hiding their identities, why they are retaining an attorney who has a proven political agenda, why the first one went to Schiff first then through proper channels after the help writing up the complaint, why the impeachment inquiry that isn’t is being run through the intelligence committee instead of the judiciary Committee where it is historically run? Still no vote... am I supposed to wait for it?

First, that's how the concept of whistleblower law works. It protects a person from repercussions when they report an activity which breaks the law. It's a fairly simple concept.

"The Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989, 5 U.S.C. 2302-, Pub.L. 101-12 as amended, is a United States federal law that protects federal whistleblowers who work for the government and report the possible existence of an activity constituting a violation of law, rules, or regulations, or mismanagement, gross waste of funds, abuse of authority or a substantial and specific danger to public health and safety."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistleblower_Protection_Act

I'm sure you can understand that someone who sees an illegal activity, might want to retain legal representation.

Second, the whistleblower didn't go to Schiff. He/she contacted staffers on the House Intelligence Committee for advice.

"The whistleblower, a member of the intelligence community, contacted the committee for guidance on how to report “possible wrongdoing,” according to Patrick Boland, a spokesman for the Intelligence Committee’s chairman, Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif. Boland said that “at no point did the committee review or receive the complaint in advance” and that it is a regular occurrence for whistleblowers to seek guidance from the committee."
www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/whistleblo...ore-filing-complaint

Third, why do you want an immediate vote? I assume you are implying that a vote on impeachment should be taken right now on the House floor, involving all the House members? It's currently an inquiry, not an actual impeachment.

09 Oct 2019 17:59 #16 by homeagain
www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/stateme...phone-call-almost-c/

The "collective" can cover there ears and eyes, BUT the truth will prevail......wait for it

09 Oct 2019 20:17 #17 by ScienceChic
A few more details on this. The whistleblower spoke with a person at the White House who listened in on the call and was upset about it. That person relayed key points about the call, which the whistleblower wrote in a 2 page memo, and turned that over to the IG in a formal complaint. That memo is corroborated with the summary transcript of the call the White House declassified and released.

A second whistleblower, don't know who or where they work, has more direct, first-hand knowledge of the call and corroborates the first whistleblowers account.

One aide to the president "feared Trump's own words were damning."

So, if Trump is so innocent, why is he not allowing his Ambassador to the EU, and now supposedly former Ambassador to Ukraine as well, plus his Secretary of State not testify before Congress? Hilary showed up and did 11 straight hours, yet these people can't even speak a sentence per the WH? These are not the actions of an innocent man who has nothing to hide.

White House official told whistleblower Trump Ukraine call was 'frightening'
By Katherine Faulders, Justin Fishel and Anne Flaherty, ABC News | Oct 8, 2019

A White House official listening to President Donald Trump’s July 25 phone call with Ukraine’s president described the call as “crazy” and “frightening” and was “visibly shaken,” according to notes taken by the intelligence official who filed a formal whistleblower complaint after speaking with the official, and others.

ABC News has learned that the two-page memo, written by the whistleblower a day after Trump’s call, suggests that at least one aide to the president feared that Trump’s own words in the call were damning.

The notes were based on a brief conversation between the whistleblower and the White House official and described “highlights” from the president’s call. The document was later provided to the intelligence community’s inspector general, who reviewed the whistleblower’s complaint. The IG has determined the complaint “appeared credible” and of “urgent concern.”

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Oct 2019 21:20 #18 by Rick
I do think it's not surprising that this second disgruntled anti-Trumper has a direct connection to a 2020 Dem candidate. I also don't understand why the transcript is less credible than hearsay. Oh well, another long drawn out attempt that will crash and burn.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

10 Oct 2019 07:24 #19 by Brandon

Rick wrote: I do think it's not surprising that this second disgruntled anti-Trumper has a direct connection to a 2020 Dem candidate.

Bullsh!t.

Rick wrote: I also don't understand why the transcript is less credible than hearsay.

It's not a transcript.

Rick wrote: Oh well, another long drawn out attempt that will crash and burn.

You're afraid. I like that.

10 Oct 2019 08:44 #20 by koobookie

Rick wrote: I do think it's not surprising that this second disgruntled anti-Trumper has a direct connection to a 2020 Dem candidate. I also don't understand why the transcript is less credible than hearsay. Oh well, another long drawn out attempt that will crash and burn.

How do you know they were a "disgruntled anti-Trumper?"

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds