FUTURE factors for the king

16 Feb 2020 15:36 #11 by FredHayek
Bloomberg is quickly backpedaling on the Hillary trial balloon.

A bunch of women are coming out against Bloomberg, saying he is every bit the misogynist that they claim Trump is. I am curious to see if these charges hurt the former NY mayor, or will he get a pass because he is currently a Democrat? Never heard these women's stories when the man was a mayor. Then again, Trump was given a pass before he started running against Hillary.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Feb 2020 19:28 #12 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic FUTURE factors for the king

FredHayek wrote: Bloomberg is quickly backpedaling on the Hillary trial balloon.

A bunch of women are coming out against Bloomberg, saying he is every bit the misogynist that they claim Trump is. I am curious to see if these charges hurt the former NY mayor, or will he get a pass because he is currently a Democrat? Never heard these women's stories when the man was a mayor. Then again, Trump was given a pass before he started running against Hillary.

If Bloomberg is the candidate, of course he will get a pass. Those who hate Trump will gladly push their faux outrage about words aside. They won't demand he shut down all his business's either and it will be just fine and dandy that he paid to bypass democracy. Mike will pick some leftist nut for VP to try and satisfy the Bernie Bros but even that won't be enough. The TDS crowd isn't big enough.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

20 Feb 2020 09:12 #13 by FredHayek
Anyone else think Mike Bloomberg should have run in the primaries against Trump? I think he really would have appealed to Rockefeller Republicans. More refined than the real estate magnate, but tough enough.

20 Feb 2020 12:24 #14 by homeagain
ALL men, with power/money are in the same mindset....I can use my power OVER YOU...it
is why #METOO came into existence. Some play the game with more finesse,some are just
flat out pigs...ALL THE SAME.

20 Feb 2020 12:27 #15 by Pony Soldier
People who generalize statements using words like "All men" are generally the ones who you have to worry the most about as they are working from preconceived notions. Sounds a lot like Bloomberg talking about minorities.

20 Feb 2020 12:40 #16 by homeagain
SPEAKING from personal experience....from scenes out of 'MAD MEN' TV SERIES to Victories
Secret from the present day.....it has NOT changed...we have already had this discussion in
another form...RACISM from Ramage's post....the scenario MAY have more exposure,that does NOT mean it has receded.

20 Feb 2020 17:55 #17 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic FUTURE factors for the king

FredHayek wrote: Anyone else think Mike Bloomberg should have run in the primaries against Trump? I think he really would have appealed to Rockefeller Republicans. More refined than the real estate magnate, but tough enough.

Bloomberg doesn't seem to have much common sense but I think he's smart enough to know that he would have gotten humiliated in an epic way. Trump has a 90+ approval rating among Republicans so the Romney types don't have much influence anymore and should consider different careers or a party swap. Good riddance.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Feb 2020 09:30 #18 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: ALL men, with power/money are in the same mindset....I can use my power OVER YOU...it
is why #METOO came into existence. Some play the game with more finesse,some are just
flat out pigs...ALL THE SAME.

Wow. That is an awful broad brush you are wielding. You honestly believe that about all men? How about women? Is it all power corrupts? Or just men are corrupted? VP Pence doesn't appear to have any #metoo scandals.

21 Feb 2020 12:31 #19 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic FUTURE factors for the king
Fred,
You are showing OUR age. Rockefeller died in 1979, 41 yrs. ago. I think that there are few if any Rockefeller Republicans still with us. Perhaps, today, they would be, as they were members of the country club set, or RINOs.
If Bloomberg thought that he had a chance as a Republican he would have taken it. Recall he ran for mayor of NYC as a Republican because he knew that he would not survive the democrat primary in NYC, 2001.
Interestingly Bloomberg's affiliations, democrat-republican-independent-democrat, show that his only serious concern is how to get elected. Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion. Just understand what you are getting is not someone who will adhere to the "principles" of the group represented.

22 Feb 2020 06:54 #20 by homeagain

Pony Soldier wrote: People who generalize statements using words like "All men" are generally the ones who you have to worry the most about as they are working from preconceived notions. Sounds a lot like Bloomberg talking about minorities.

Let's be REAL clear....I specifically stated all men WITH MONEY/POWER. I am married to a REALLY nice,decent guy.....when boatloads OF MONEY and POWER are combined...what you
inevitable get is an egocentric ass. SOME are less so,but the inclination is still present. THAT
is why they have achieved a high level of success. Their drive equals power.

EXAMPLE....I personally knew a high level manager, in corp. He was/is happily married to the same wife for decades. HOWEVER, in business, his attitude, demeanor was extremely
demanding and intrusive in employees personal lives. As if their availability to him was UNlimited. Finally, one of his subordinates stood up to him and laid down boundaries....I AM NOT ON COMPANY TIME.....RESPECT my personal life,I am not a servant.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds