Proposition 113: Replace The Electoral College With Popular Vote

15 Oct 2020 09:03 #11 by FredHayek
I know that is the conventional wisdom but it really isn't true. Candidates still go to partisan California and Texas to fund raise and campaign. And this year candidates are going to many different states they don't normally visit.

koobookie wrote:

ramage wrote: The Electoral College is an integral part of the United States Constitution. If you prefer a national popular vote then get your representatives to amend the U.S. Constitution.

This straw argument could only be offered by you:
One of the arguments made for the electoral college is that less populated states won't receive attention from candidates. Tell, me how many times have the candidates visited Montana, Wyoming, Utah, North Dakota? These states are pretty much given for one side.

How much attention is given to New York, California, Massachusetts, etc. by the "candidates"?

That just supports my argument. Solid partisan states don't get attention from candidates. If a candidate knows the state will go to the other party, they will ignore it. If the EC was gone, they would give more states attention to attract whatever votes they could find.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds