Riddle Me This...

24 Oct 2020 21:30 #1 by Rick
Riddle Me This... was created by Rick
There have been many peace deals in the Middle East recently, brokered by the Trump administration. That's why the foreign policy questions were eliminated from the debate and it's also why the worthless news networks wont cover it. Can you imagine the praise for Obama if he actually accomplished something more substantial than the Nobel Peace Prize, given just for talking? Then he decided a good Nobel move would be to jack up Libya. But I digress...

How can our watchdog journalists be considered legitimate and valuable if they pick a side and don't report the same for both parties? These peace deals are big deals and the last thing anyone in the media wants to show is Trump taking credit for these deals. Change my mind, please.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Oct 2020 07:41 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Riddle Me This...
apnews.com/article/peace-process-israel-...4321d587e9684dfb84e1

ASSOC PRESS defines the "deal" in a clear and concise way......there is COVERAGE.

25 Oct 2020 08:02 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Riddle Me This...
LOL. They sure like to belittle his accomplishments. They may have not been warring, but diplomatic and economic ties are huge, especially after seventy years of conflict. Many Arab nations are looking to diversify their economy away from petrol, and by opening up their nations to Israeli tech and trade, they are pointing themselves to a post-fossil fuels future. Very smart decision.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Oct 2020 08:18 #4 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Riddle Me This...

homeagain wrote: apnews.com/article/peace-process-israel-...4321d587e9684dfb84e1

ASSOC PRESS defines the "deal" in a clear and concise way......there is COVERAGE.

I think you know what I'm talking about HA. This should be a major story on the front pages of every newspaper and covered by every news network, more than just a few seconds. Trump making an insensitive comment that offends the easily offended gets wall to wall coverage for days yet he brokers successful peace deals in the M.E. and it barely gets a mention. Come on man...

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

25 Oct 2020 09:11 #5 by homeagain
IF I understand the "deal", the WEST BANK/Gaza strip is still the problem...ALWAYS has been,ALWAYS
will be....so "the deal" is not done till that is settled.....and THAT my friend, is the a never ending issue.

25 Oct 2020 15:05 #6 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Riddle Me This...

homeagain wrote: IF I understand the "deal", the WEST BANK/Gaza strip is still the problem...ALWAYS has been,ALWAYS
will be....so "the deal" is not done till that is settled.....and THAT my friend, is the a never ending issue.

They have been left out of the equation. That is brilliant out of the box thinking.

www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-is...c2d36e1f1_story.html

"In addition to their historic nature, the agreements are also significant for relegating the Palestinians to the sidelines. Palestinian leaders have rejected the Trump peace efforts for three years, charging that they benefited Israel, and have called the two Arab nations traitors to their cause.

Addressing reporters during an Oval Office meeting with Netanyahu, Trump predicted that the Palestinians would eventually come on board. “Obviously, we speak to them,” he said, even as he recalled that his administration had cut off $750 million in funding to the Palestinians because “they treat the United States so badly.”

25 Oct 2020 18:49 #7 by homeagain
In exchange for normalization with the UAE, Netanyahu agreed to suspend plans to annex Israeli-occupied parts of the West Bank, but it remains unclear how long that suspension will last.
AD

“Thank you for choosing peace and for halting the annexation of Palestinian territories, a position that reinforces our shared will to achieve a better future for generations to come,” Zayed said in remarks directed at Netanyahu, during his balcony speech.

The other issue is what the White House has said is the potential sale of F-35s, the sophisticated U.S. stealth fighter jet, to the UAE. Only Israel has the planes in the Middle East, and many Israelis as well as members of Congress have raised concerns that selling them to the Emiratis would violate U.S. law requiring a “qualitative military edge” for Israel in its neighborhood.

The broadly worded, one-page Abraham Accords do not mention annexation or weapons sales, nor does the publicly released Israel-UAE accord, in which the word “Palestinian” does not appear.
AD

The agreements have garnered widespread bipartisan support, but lawmakers have expressed some concerns. In a statement, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif) cited questions “regarding the commitment that the UAE has received from the Trump administration to purchase American-made F-35 aircraft.”

“It is also critically important that we fully understand the agreements’ details regarding the announced freeze of efforts by Israel to annex portions of the West Bank,” she said.

AHEM, there seems to be ALOT of unanswered questions,that appear to be problematic...like the
word SUSPENDED....and details of "freeze"......NICE attempt to circumvent the everlasting issue.(Gaza
and the West Bank.....willl NEVER be resolved in our lifetime

I

25 Oct 2020 20:26 #8 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Riddle Me This...
HA,
Please provide the citation that the body of your post quotes.

25 Oct 2020 22:06 #9 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Riddle Me This...

homeagain wrote:
AHEM, there seems to be ALOT of unanswered questions,that appear to be problematic...like the
word SUSPENDED....and details of "freeze"......NICE attempt to circumvent the everlasting issue.(Gaza
and the West Bank.....willl NEVER be resolved in our lifetime

I

Bob is right, it's a great strategy if you're willing to put away the biases. When many new countries come to the peace table and benefit economically, it puts pressure on the Palestinians to do the same. What did Obama do and what were the end results?

George Orwell

26 Oct 2020 05:50 #10 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Riddle Me This...
Don't forget Bush, Clinton, Bush, Carter...... The Palestinians have walked away from deals repeatedly in which they were given everything they demanded. Why deal with them if they don't want peace?

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds