''until U do RIGHT by me.........

30 Nov 2020 19:19 #11 by Thumper100

FredHayek wrote: I don't see a Trump dominated GOP like you do. I think it needs to be a combination of MAGA and more traditional GOP values. He will have some ability to give out endorsements in primaries but I could see just as many Republicans not wanting his endorsement. He wasn't able to get himself re-elected.

There are no longer any "traditional GOP values". Conservatives have gone all in on trump. You want a return to traditional GOP values a third party needs to be formed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Dec 2020 07:04 #12 by homeagain
THANK U....a voice of reason in a time of turmoil....the R'S have relinquished their souls,their singular
solution is to be a ''TRUMP tool". THIRD PARTY is what is needed...perhaps "the fourth turning" will
deliver that solution.

01 Dec 2020 11:13 #13 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: I don't see a Trump dominated GOP like you do. I think it needs to be a combination of MAGA and more traditional GOP values. He will have some ability to give out endorsements in primaries but I could see just as many Republicans not wanting his endorsement. He wasn't able to get himself re-elected.

The GOP is Trump, and Trump is the GOP. Look no further than the silence by members of the GOP on the Trump disinformation campaign about the "fraud vote" and his unwillingness to concede. The GOP is afraid of the 70+ million members of the Trump cult. Donald has an entire segment of the population that will do his bidding and vote out any Republican that he deems is not loyal enough.

This should scare every conservative on this board. He has poisoned your party.

01 Dec 2020 19:24 #14 by Blazer Bob
We live in interesting times.
donsurber.blogspot.com/2020/12/no-you-ca...ican-party-back.html

"No, you cannot have the Republican Party back

Graphic courtesy of Evi L. Bloggerlady, a cow but not a coward -- unlike the Never Trump sheep who believe they can take back the Republican Party.

The former conservatives in what Evi (we are on a first name basis) calls the Cuckshed -- the Bulwark, the Dispatch, National Review, and wherever turncoats hang out -- believe they can bluff their way back into the Republican Party. I can see why. Having fooled us for decades into believing they were anything but grifters parting rich donors from their money, Jonah and his friends rightly believe they can fool us again."...

02 Dec 2020 07:54 #15 by homeagain
A superb statement...THIRD party protocol is the PERFECT solution...time to evolve to a new way of
governing.

02 Dec 2020 10:40 #16 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: THANK U....a voice of reason in a time of turmoil....the R'S have relinquished their souls,their singular
solution is to be a ''TRUMP tool". THIRD PARTY is what is needed...perhaps "the fourth turning" will
deliver that solution.

If you actually study political history, parties are very fluid. It is very hard for someone in America to influence the political scene once he is out of power. In 2024, Trump will be four years older, he might even be dead by then. There will be fresh new candidates coming up on the GOP side. They may "borrow" some of his techniques and ideas but I predict they will be gentler and kinder versions.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds