BARRETT has some bad problems

11 Jun 2021 16:38 #1 by homeagain
www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/20...3J0aWQiLCJpc3MiOiJDY

People of Praise,a HANDMAIDEN and SCOTUS judge....what a wicked tale

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jun 2021 18:06 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic BARRETT has some bad problems
Just read the article and can't find anything that Barrett is being accused of. Is guilt by association the crime of did I miss something?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Jun 2021 06:42 #3 by homeagain
''Barrett, who was raised in a People of Praise community in Louisiana, has long been active in the branch in the South Bend area, where she was a student at Notre Dame Law School. Barrett lived for a time with People of Praise co-founder Kevin Ranaghan and his wife, Dorothy, Dorothy Ranaghan has confirmed. A People of Praise 2010 directory shows Barrett served as a “handmaid,” a key female adviser to another female member. Barrett served on the Trinity Schools board, whose members must belong to People of Praise, from 2015 to 2017.

Barrett was not asked about People of Praise during her confirmation to the Supreme Court. At her 2017 Senate confirmation hearing for a federal appeals court, she said she would not put her religious beliefs before the rule of law.''

Bolded,rather pertinent to her confirmation...."key female adviser",served on School board....let us see
how R.V.W. and her "handmaiden" moniker affect her decision making process.

12 Jun 2021 11:09 #4 by FredHayek
Wow! Are you suggesting we ban people of certain faiths from political offices and judicial appointments? You remind me of the Americans who refused to vote for JFK because he would follow the orders of the Vatican. People can compartmentalize. Governor Bill Ritter hated abortion but he never did anything while in office to limit it because he knew it was the will of the majority of Coloradoans.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Jun 2021 11:52 #5 by homeagain
WHAT I am suggesting is this....the background info does NOT bode well for a NEUTRAL stance on R.V.W.

14 Jun 2021 19:28 #6 by Rick

homeagain wrote: WHAT I am suggesting is this....the background info does NOT bode well for a NEUTRAL stance on R.V.W.

Can you list the justices that have neutral stances on RvW or any other subject?

It's always interesting to me how many people on the left have such disdain for anyone who believes in a higher power. I'm pretty sure Democrats would love to pick someone who was a Muslim and I'm pretty sure the Islamic faith is not big on abortions either.

You also need to remember that Roe vs Wade was not decided by millions of Americans, it was decided by 7 people.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Jun 2021 09:11 #7 by homeagain
CHECK Roberts ruling 5-4 on the issue. GORUSH and Kavanugh

www.forbes.com/sites/evangerstmann/2021/...ade/?sh=16678a0922b9

17 Jun 2021 09:54 #8 by FredHayek
:biggrin: :popcorn: ACB, that hand maiden, that Catholic fundamentalist isn't acting like the Left tried to scare us into thinking. She was able to compartmentalize her religion from judicial precedent and decided ACA would stand in a 7-2 decision today. It would be awesome if the media would do the same and compartmentalize their radical leftism instead of making up scary stories about political conservatives.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Jun 2021 09:57 #9 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: :biggrin: :popcorn: ACB, that hand maiden, that Catholic fundamentalist isn't acting like the Left tried to scare us into thinking. She was able to compartmentalize her religion from judicial precedent and decided ACA would stand in a 7-2 decision today. It would be awesome if the media would do the same and compartmentalize their radical leftism instead of making up scary stories about political conservatives.

Do you think CNN and MSNBC (or any other left wing source) will mention her vote and that that same media was wrong? I don't.

George Orwell

17 Jun 2021 14:32 #10 by homeagain
thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/558...ncy-that-turned-away

ALTHO not a total slap in the face....STILL denying children,who desperately want a stable foundation of a family. CATHOLIC ADOPTION AGENCY WINS.....ever hear of "death by a thousand pecks"? I am of the mindset that "GOD" would want a loving family to embrace a homeless,parent-less child....no matter
what color or persuasion. As Gandhi once lamented "I like your Christ, but your CHRISTIANITY is so
UNGOD like." (paraphrased,but the TRUE meaning is apparent)

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds