News Stories, Left vs Right Media Challenge

25 Jul 2021 10:19 #1 by Rick
Everything we know about anything political comes from the sources we trust to give us the truth, the WHOLE truth, and nothing but the truth. I would describe truth as being proveably factual and void of opinion that is pretending to be fact. Truth in journalism is also covering stories that don't help a biased narrtive. All you have to do is post a new story you believe to be acurrately reported, IN ANY FORM (print, video, serious, comedy). You can also point to stories that should be told and are not because of bias and bad journalism. So if I post something, I would just ask you to watch or read it and tell me which parts are lies or significant distortions of the truth. I encourage you all to do the same, as well as posting stories you know are not truthful or are omitting significant facts that change the narrative.

There is an infinite number of stories we could rehash, but I think it would be a better test to look at stories from this day forward so we can see which side breaks a story first, which side ignores the story, and which side gives the most fact without opinions advertisd as facts.

As the one who came up with idea, I will acknowledge when a story is reported accurately, even if it's a story that may damage my side... I hope others will do the same. Ready...set... GO!

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jul 2021 14:59 #2 by homeagain
www.axios.com/heat-wave-temperatures-con...8c-4f31d7dbfc7e.html

map of misery.....IF the reality of climate change is still fake news,then humankind deserves to go extinct.

All those air conditioners, cooling your domiciles.....disaster waiting to happen for the power grid. WARNINGS went unheeded and NOW we know mother nature is mad and will make certain you
understand....WAKE TFU.

26 Jul 2021 07:40 #3 by Rick

homeagain wrote: www.axios.com/heat-wave-temperatures-con...8c-4f31d7dbfc7e.html

map of misery.....IF the reality of climate change is still fake news,then humankind deserves to go extinct.

All those air conditioners, cooling your domiciles.....disaster waiting to happen for the power grid. WARNINGS went unheeded and NOW we know mother nature is mad and will make certain you
understand....WAKE TFU.

While I appreciate your post, I was really looking for NEW stories about politics and people. The climate and energy issue is certainly a good topic to debate but thats not the kind of subject that works very well for this journalism exercise.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Jul 2021 09:05 #4 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: www.axios.com/heat-wave-temperatures-con...8c-4f31d7dbfc7e.html

understand....WAKE TFU.

While I appreciate your post, I was really looking for NEW stories about politics and people. The climate and energy issue is certainly a good topic to debate but thats not the kind of subject that works very well for this journalism exercise.

[/b]

REALLY... there is NO OTHER planet to live on,and u think the subject is unfit and mundane.:coffeenews:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Harrison

28 Jul 2021 07:56 #5 by homeagain
abcnews.go.com/Politics/doj-declines-bac...ht/story?id=79103944
"today is the day we start taking names and kicking ass'.....OOPS......NOT in the scope of his job

28 Jul 2021 18:33 #6 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

understand....WAKE TFU.

[/b]

REALLY... there is NO OTHER planet to live on,and u think the subject is unfit and mundane.:coffeenews:

I didn't say anything like that, you just don't understand the premise of this idea. The idea is to post NEW stories as they develop so we can analyze how that NEW story is covered and who is covering it and who is ignoring it. The climate and enegry issue is old news, unless some brand new information develops, it doesn't work for this thread. Does that make sense?

Here's exactly what I said All you have to do is post a new story you believe to be acurrately reported, IN ANY FORM (print, video, serious, comedy). You can also point to stories that should be told and are not because of bias and bad journalism

George Orwell

28 Jul 2021 19:30 #7 by FredHayek
The best way to judge the media is to read a story about a subject you know a lot about, your field of study, or your career. See how much the press gets wrong, or dumbs down. It is nearly impossible for them to learn enough about their subject in the time they have to cover a story. Why I prefer reading reporters who specialize in a certain subject like the courts or business. Or long subject stories, like an hour documentary.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Jul 2021 08:10 #8 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

understand....WAKE TFU.

[/b]

I didn't say anything like that, you just don't understand the premise of this idea. The idea is to post NEW stories as they develop so we can analyze how that NEW story is covered and who is covering it and who is ignoring it. The climate and enegry issue is old news, unless some brand new information develops, it doesn't work for this thread. Does that make sense?

Here's exactly what I said All you have to do is post a new story you believe to be acurrately reported, IN ANY FORM (print, video, serious, comedy). You can also point to stories that should be told and are not because of bias and bad journalism

I COMPLETELY comprehended the premise.....the NEW story is our species/other species will
be under immense distress,FIT habitat for both is disappearing at an accelerated rate,food becomes more scarce,water becomes a trickle AND the INSURANCES COMPANIES WILL GO BELLY UNDER WITH
THE CATASTROPHIC NUMBERS THEY ARE DEALING WITH. Ya, let your house go up in flames,
be UNDERWATER with damage unrecoverable,wind wrecks your home...OH THE INSURANCE WILL COVER THAT....NOT,because they will be out of business. THAT IS THE NEW STORY...all the other
pieces of the puzzle have been moved around the board,until they have become NON NEWS....the
lack of critical thinking is astounding.....STORIES NOT BEING TOLD TO THE PUBLIC,unless you do
the research.:angry: I just want to slap the shit out of SOME PEOPLE, like in MOONSTRUCK,when
Cher slaps Nicholas Cage ''SNAP OUT OF IT".......

29 Jul 2021 14:18 #9 by homeagain
apnews.com/article/biden-eviction-morato...6c8a658dd1572707364f

SCOTUS rules against extension.....WATCH WHAT HAPPENS.....Q3,4 just as predicted,fubared

29 Jul 2021 14:44 - 29 Jul 2021 14:45 #10 by FredHayek
Sign of media bias? The Hill has a tweet out today saying 25% of white evangelicals aren't vaccinated! Oh noes! But wait, that means 75% are vaccinated, a higher percentage than America in general. #shameful

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds