HI ALTITUDE and heart COMPRESSIONS

08 Dec 2021 16:01 #11 by homeagain

ramage wrote: 1. The supermarket is immediately notified and calls 911.
2. While I was checking your carotid artery for a pulse I saw the necklace and backed away.
3. While waiting I receive a call from the ER telling me that EMT's are on their way. (I happen to be the on-call MD for Emergency Services. Here in the mountains response times are difficult to determine.
4. In order to stabilize they have to resuscitate and transport you they have to defibrillate and do chest compressions. Is that OK with you?
5. Well, to cut to the quick, I recognized pulslessness, gave you a sharp blow to the sternum and a pulse was recovered. When the EMT showed up, see through paddles show a slow sinus rhythm , responding to atropine, nothing more needed.
6. The next 2-3 yrs of my life are taken up with the lawsuit that you filed for disregarding your DNR order.
By the way you are alive during these next years because a pacemaker was implanted in order to prevent this happening again.

NUMBER 4...YES.,I know that....is that ok......DNR NEGATES THOSE ACTIONS....that IS THE PROBLEM. and why my friend is diligent in his teachings.

NUMBER 5 NO PULSE,A DNR VISIBLE AND U ARBITRARILY DECIDE TO RESTORE PULSE,WHY?

my body, my decision.....OF COURSE, I will litigate that action......u will install a pacemaker WITHOUT MY CONSENT? Am I understanding this scenario correctly? I do not think U understand my intent,the medical community would have my directive upon hos. arrival....IF they have QHN....BIG IF.....AND ONE THAT IS NEEDING IMMEDIATE REMEDY.

So to sum it up.....the PATIENT HAS NO RIGHTS,is that correct? IF I have misinterpreted your post please clarify the factors mentioned above.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Dec 2021 21:45 #12 by ramage
Where shall I start?
Your friend's diligence is to be commended, however your response does not address the question. Does your friend tell his students not to stabilize, i.e. resuscitate an individual found on the street pulseless. I think not and would eagerly await his response if otherwise.

#5 why did I do this? Simply I am a physician. Sue me for wrongful life as you seem to indicate that is what you would do. Parenthetically, I think that a jury of your peers in Gunnison, CO would think otherwise to put it mildly. ( I have been down this road before, i.e. being sued for wrongful life).

Back to the facts, a pacemaker was inserted after you were awake and alert and temporized on
medications. Medication not being a long term solution. the cardiologist explained to you that your DNR would be in effect in the Catheterization Suite. You were awake for the entire procedure and discharged home that day.
So here you are, commenting in MMT everyday, suing me for saving your life so that you can comment.
Ironic, isn't it?

09 Dec 2021 07:35 #13 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Where shall I start?
Your friend's diligence is to be commended, however your response does not address the question. Does your friend tell his students not to stabilize, i.e. resuscitate an individual found on the street pulseless. I think not and would eagerly await his response if otherwise.

#5 why did I do this? Simply I am a physician. Sue me for wrongful life as you seem to indicate that is what you would do. Parenthetically, I think that a jury of your peers in Gunnison, CO would think otherwise to put it mildly. ( I have been down this road before, i.e. being sued for wrongful life).

Back to the facts, a pacemaker was inserted after you were awake and alert and temporized on
medications. Medication not being a long term solution. the cardiologist explained to you that your DNR would be in effect in the Catheterization Suite. You were awake for the entire procedure and discharged home that day.
So here you are, commenting in MMT everyday, suing me for saving your life so that you can comment.
Ironic, isn't it?

U have conveniently left out the SINGULAR fact we r speaking of (bolded in 1.)....THE DNR ALERT IS
VISIBLE......that changes the scenario u described. (from my understanding)

2.MY ADVANCED DIRECTIVE,WHICH SHOULD BE AVAILABLE TO THE PHYSICIAN UPON ARRIVAL AT HOS. (IN THE EVENT MY DNR WAS IGNORED)......states very specifically ...NO EXTRAORDINARY
TREATMENTS OR PROCEDURES R REQUIRED/WANTED. HERE IS WHERE QHN ENTERS INTO THE PICTURE.....MY DIRECTIVE IS AT GRAND JUNCTION ST. MARY'S,IN THE EVENT I AM HELIO INTO G.J.,IT IS ALSO AT DELTA HOS AND MONTROSE....THE PROBLEM IS AN ANTIQUATED SYSTEM THAT DOES NOT EXPORT THOSE RECORDS (QHN IS DESIGNED TO DO JUST THAT)

I have since found out,I could be helio into Salt Lake city....I am screwed then...my records would not follow

SO, YOUR SELF RIGHTEOUS ACTION OF IGNORING MY DNR PUTS ME INTO ICU UNIT.... TO ENTER INTO THAT SCENARIO..IS EXPLICITLY NOT WANTED (PER MY DIRECTIVE) I will attempt to find the article written by an ICU nurse....it spells out,in GRAPHIC DETAIL THE experience. Just AS THE ARTICLE ABOUT CPR.

MORE IMPORTANTLY....A LESSON FOR U AS A PHYSICIAN ......SOME PEOPLE PREFER QUALITY OF LIFE OVER QUANTITY.....and being in ICU and the aftermath u deal with IS NOT QUALITY.

09 Dec 2021 09:40 #14 by ramage
Well you were not put in the ICU. You tested negative for Covid and only Covid positive patients are in our little ICU.
2nd scenario:
You refused a pacemaker and left the hospital. Later that week you experience another episode of non-witnessed cardiac arrest. Unfortunately it happens in vegetable aisle blocking consumers from getting to the brussel sprouts which are on sale. One of the customers jostles you while stepping over your body and the bump is enough to convert your heart to sinus rhythm.
Several months later she, the customer, receives notice of intent to sue from your attorney. she has a stroke upon reading the letter.
Bad Karma?

09 Dec 2021 10:43 #15 by homeagain
YOUR MOST RECENT REPLY IS NONSENSICAL AT BEST AND WOEFULLY INADEQUATE IN ADDRESSING MY MOST RECENT POST. THE ADVANCED DIRECTIVE,IF FOLLOWED WITH THE PATIENT,IS THE DEFINITIVE WORD.....MY DIRECTIVE INDICATES COMFORT CARE ONLY,NO ANTIBIOTICS.....C-DIFF IS A PROBLEM IN ICU AND SEPSIS IS ALSO A CONSIDERATION WHEN INSERTING ANY FOREIGN OBJECT INSIDE THE BODY CAVITY, THERE R NO GUARANTEES IN SURG AND ANYTHING CAN PUT U IN ICU,UNEXPECTEDLY.......PER AN ICU NURSE BLOG (THAT I posted,but it somehow disappeared)......DIRECT QUOTE.....''IT IS A TORTURE CHAMBER'' AND NURSES R VERY AWARE OF THAT AND DEMAND DNR...PER BLOG. FROM MY POV, IF I OR MY FAMILY LIGATED YOUR ACTIONS.....MY ADVANCED DIRECTIVE WOULD BE THE SLAM DUNK....FROM MY POV U MADE AN EGREGIOUS ERROR BY OBSERVING THE DNR ALERT,BUT LATER OPTING TO REESTABLISH PULSE.....CORRECT ME IF i AM WRONG. NO PULSE EQUALS NO OXYGEN TO BRAIN? IF THAT IS THE CASE, THEN I WOULD HAVE BEEN WITHOUT OXYGEN FOR HOW LONG TIL EMT'S ARRIVED/?

EDUCATE ME....BECAUSE FROM WHERE I STAND, YOUR EGO IS WRITING CHECKS THAT U CAN NOT COVER.....QUALITY HEALTH NETWORK (QHN) IS THE KEY TO THIS AND IF IT WERE IN PLACE
U WOULD BE FOUND GUILTY/NEGLIGENT .....and a BIG CHECK (for which u pay insurance to) WOULD BE TRANSFERRED TO MY ACCOUNT.

09 Dec 2021 11:00 #17 by ramage
The check would have to bee written to the beneficiary of your last will and testament in the second scenario, but it would be from the estate of the customer who suffered the stroke and died upon notification of your suit.
I would welcome the litigation in the first scenario. Be sure to wear a mask while you are at the plaintiff's table in the courtroom.

09 Dec 2021 16:43 - 09 Dec 2021 16:44 #18 by Rick
You two are cracking me up. Carry on.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blazer Bob

10 Dec 2021 07:27 #19 by homeagain

Rick wrote: You two are cracking me up. Carry on.

It's a pleasure to entertain u.......I am my OWN ADVOCATE and when I encounter physicians whose egos
r front and center,rather than in the background.....I will find another practitioner,but FIRST I will demand ALL NOTES FROM MY CASE. IT IS A PATIENT RIGHT to access those and review. Montrose has many doctors,n.p. who have the "GOD" COMPLEX. They r not accustom to self advocating patients. I have NEVER been so insulted or talked down to in my almost 75 years of life. TWO have tried, I immediately terminated the discussion (after "seeing" where it was heading)

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds