Make Your Case to Vote For Democrats in November

19 May 2022 09:15 #1 by Rick
After 14 months of Democrats controlling both houses and the presidency, please give some logical reasons that someone would take the time to fill out a ballot for any Democrat. What has been built back better? What is better in your life today because of a Democrat policy? There's still about 1/3 of the country that thinks Democrats are doing a good job... are you in that 1/3/? If so, I'm dying to know why.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 May 2022 09:31 #2 by FredHayek
Women's Rights.
Birth control access.
Abortion rights.
LGBTQIA rights.

:whistle:
You are a Libertarian and think incompetent government does less damage. The Biden Administration is not only incompetent, they are also lazy. They admitted the other day that they haven't been keeping up with the stock market. So a vote for Dems in November will keep government paralyzed.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 May 2022 09:39 #3 by Rick
Do any other those issues matter if you can't afford the basics for prosperty and survival? I think not. I'm betting the immigration crisis alone is a bigger issue than those 4 you listed.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 May 2022 09:44 #4 by FredHayek
Great point. And as more of our take home pay is spent on fuel and food, expect the economy to contract. Less people will be buying furniture, improving their homes. Going on vacation.
Looks like after two years of Summer stay cations, we will have to do it again in 2022.

And as sales decline in other sectors, expect layoffs, and hours to be cut. We might even start seeing a reduction in the prices for some goods as companies struggle to make payrolls.

19 May 2022 09:46 #5 by FredHayek
And while the Biden Administration continues to look like a confederacy of dances, many state Democrats are more politically astute. California and Colorado are lowering or delaying new taxes. Some gas taxes might get put on hold.

19 May 2022 10:46 #6 by homeagain

Rick wrote: After 14 months of Democrats controlling both houses and the presidency, please give some logical reasons that someone would take the time to fill out a ballot for any Democrat. What has been built back better? What is better in your life today because of a Democrat policy? There's still about 1/3 of the country that thinks Democrats are doing a good job... are you in that 1/3/? If so, I'm dying to know why.

bolded....that TRUMP has been robbed of the POTUS and HE is the rightful leader, and WE will make it so.

It is my belief that women will WASTE the R's.....because they r righteous warriors of IT IS MY BODY AND U WILL NOT INTERFERE WITH MY CHOICES.

19 May 2022 14:02 #7 by Rick
Glad you got to use Trump in a sentence, but he has nothing to do with the performance of Democrats over the last 14 months.

If you think women will put the 'right' to kill unborn babies over the need for affordable gas, food, and housing, I seriously think you are living in a bubble I can not comprehend.

The women you speak of are in a small minority. Most women are not in favor of abortions up to the minute of delivery. You are counting on a small percentage of people to ignore their financial issues and vote based on the right to kill babies. You will find out in November how incredibly wrong you are.

George Orwell

19 May 2022 15:59 #8 by FredHayek
The United States and China are members of a community of only seven nations that permit abortion after twenty weeks. Yes, the United States is an example of barbaric extremism. Vietnam also permits late term abortions.

20 May 2022 07:09 #9 by Rick
You're right Fred, our abortion advocates align with the most evil regimes on the planet, the same ones who still enslave people.

There will always be people in our country who place little to no value on viable human life, but I believe those people are in a tiny minority. Democrats don't need to rile those people up because they will always vote Democfrat no matter how bad their standard of living gets.

George Orwell

20 May 2022 08:10 #10 by homeagain

Rick wrote: Glad you got to use Trump in a sentence, but he has nothing to do with the performance of Democrats over the last 14 months.

If you think women will put the 'right' to kill unborn babies over the need for affordable gas, food, and housing, I seriously think you are living in a bubble I can not comprehend.

The women you speak of are in a small minority. Most women are not in favor of abortions up to the minute of delivery. You are counting on a small percentage of people to ignore their financial issues and vote based on the right to kill babies. You will find out in November how incredibly wrong you are.

BOLDED....the short shortsightedness is breath taking in it's content....WHO,HOW WOULD.,U AFFORD TO SUPPORT/NURTURE/FEED CARE FOR ANOTHER MOUTH???? when u r already living on the brink of poverty......

Lyrics
Jimmy Got Nothing made himself a name
With a gun that he polished for a rainy day
A smile and a quote from a vigilante movie
Our boy Jimmy just blew them all away
He said it made him crazy
25 years living hand to mouth
Hand to mouth, hand to mouth, hand to mouth
Sweet little baby on a big white doorstep
She needs her mother but her mother is dead
Just another hooker that the lucky can forget
Just another hooker
It happens everyday
She loved her little baby
But she couldn't bear to see her living hand to mouth
I believe in the gods of America
I believe in the land of the free
But no one told me (no one told me)
That the gods believe in nothing
So with empty hands I pray
And from day to hopeless day
They still don't see me (see me)
Everybody talks about the new generation
Jump on the wagon or they'll leave you behind
But no one gave a thought to the rest of the nation
"Like to help you buddy, but I haven't got the time"
Somebody shouted save me
Everybody started living hand to mouth
There's a big white lady
On a big white doorstep
She asked her daddy and her daddy said, "Yes"
Has to give a little for the dollars that we get
Has to give a little
They say it's for the best
Somebody shouted, "Maybe"
But they kept on living from hand to mouth
So she ran to the arms of America
And she kissed the powers that be
And someone told me (someone told me)
And I tell myself one day
They just might see me
They just might see me
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: George Michael
Hand to Mouth lyrics © Big Geoff Overseas Limited, Emi Music Publishing Ltd, Chase Mountain Music Inc, 24 Diamond Music

Lyrics
Jimmy Got Nothing made himself a name
With a gun that he polished for a rainy day
A smile and a quote from a vigilante movie
Our boy Jimmy just blew them all away
He said it made him crazy
25 years living hand to mouth
Sweet little baby on a big white doorstep
She needs her mother but her mother is dead
Just another hooker that the lucky can forget
Just another hooker
It happens everyday
She loved her little baby
But she couldn't bear to see her living hand to mouth
I believe in the gods of America
I believe in the land of the free
But no one told me (no one told me)
And from day to hopeless day
They still don't see me (see me)
Everybody talks about the new generation
Jump on the wagon or they'll leave you behind
But no one gave a thought to the rest of the nation
"Like to help you buddy, but I haven't got the time"
Somebody shouted save me
Everybody started living hand to mouth
There's a big white lady
On a big white doorstep
She asked her daddy and her daddy said, "Yes"
Has to give a little for the dollars that we get
Has to give a little
They say it's for the best
Somebody shouted, "Maybe"
But they kept on living from hand to mouth
So she ran to the arms of America
And she kissed the powers that be
And someone told me (someone told me)
And I tell myself one day
They just might see me
They just might see me
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: George Michael

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds