AGAINST ALL ODDS.....(eclipse effect)...AGAIN

10 Nov 2022 15:45 #1 by homeagain
www.newyorker.com/news/the-political-sce...&cndid=68061906&hash

And then there was the gift of New Jersey. Early on in the campaign, it became apparent that the fact that Oz has a mansion in New Jersey troubled voters. (Oz has responded that he also has a house outside Philadelphia.) Fetterman and his campaign effectively weaponized an interview that Oz did with People magazine about the mansion. The campaign paid for planes to fly “Welcome Home Oz” banners over crowded New Jersey beaches. Nicole (Snooki) Polizzi, from the MTV show “Jersey Shore,” made a video welcoming Oz back to the state. “People called it shitposting, but it was actually executing earned media to the nth degree,” Katz said. Oz’s poll numbers started tanking, and the Republican establishment began to abandon him. In August, a video that Oz had posted of himself complaining about the high price of “crudités” started circulating. Fetterman reposted the video on Twitter, writing, “In PA we call this a . . . veggie tray,” and the post quickly went viral. Fetterman’s campaign said that, in the post’s aftermath, they raised a million dollars. “

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Nov 2022 18:42 #2 by FredHayek
:cheer: Have to love the New Yorker picking on Dr. Oz as a stuffed shirt. 95% of their readers are stuffed shirts.

They walk across the street to avoid people who look like Fetterman.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Nov 2022 07:10 #3 by homeagain
well, MY experience with New Yorkers is...they call bullshit (bluntly) right out of the gate.

13 Nov 2022 10:45 #4 by Rick

homeagain wrote: well, MY experience with New Yorkers is...they call bullshit (bluntly) right out of the gate.

How can that be? People are fleeing the poorly run state in droves, yet those who remain continue to vote for the idiots that are destroying it. New Yorkers embrace bullshit.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 Nov 2022 11:50 #5 by koobookie

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: well, MY experience with New Yorkers is...they call bullshit (bluntly) right out of the gate.

How can that be? People are fleeing the poorly run state in droves, yet those who remain continue to vote for the idiots that are destroying it. New Yorkers embrace bullshit.

How can that be, Rick? New Yorkers resoundingly rejected Republican candidates. That's not embracing BS, it's getting rid of it.

You do realize that the bulk of "poorly run states" are those red states with high infant mortality, highest poverty, and worst education scores?

13 Nov 2022 16:14 #6 by FredHayek
K's liberal sources must have censored the stories that showed Republicans gaining House seats in the Empire State despite losing conservative voters to emigration to low tax states.

koobookie wrote:

Rick wrote:

How can that be, Rick? New Yorkers resoundingly rejected Republican candidates. That's not embracing BS, it's getting rid of it.

You do realize that the bulk of "poorly run states" are those red states with high infant mortality, highest poverty, and worst education scores?

17 Nov 2022 07:28 #7 by Rick

koobookie wrote:

Again, you completely missed my point. For you to make a logical point you’d had to tell me that the state of NY and the big cities of NY have been run well for the last decade. Has NY and NYC been run well Koobookie? Everything I’ve seen shows that crime and homelessness are exploding and it’s getting much harder to live there unless you’re rich.

Of course Democrats are going to keep winning because the sane VOTERS are fleeing to states like Florida, which is now solidly RED. Colorado is headed for the same fate. I’m guessing you don’t live in the city like I did (just sold my house of 20 years). I watched crime explode in my once safe area. And the homeless camps full of drug addicts are all over the place.

The people who vote for more crime, more drugs, more expenses, and more illegals do not win when their candidates win.., they are just not smart enough to understand what they’ve done.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

17 Nov 2022 07:38 #8 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

koobookie wrote:

Again, you completely missed my point. For you to make a logical point you’d had to tell me that the state of NY and the big cities of NY have been run well for the last decade. Has NY and NYC been run well Koobookie? Everything I’ve seen shows that crime and homelessness are exploding and it’s getting much harder to live there unless you’re rich.

Of course Democrats are going to keep winning because the sane VOTERS are fleeing to states like Florida, which is now solidly RED. Colorado is headed for the same fate. I’m guessing you don’t live in the city like I did (just sold my house of 20 years). I watched crime explode in my once safe area. And the homeless camps full of drug addicts are all over the place.

The people who vote for more crime, more drugs, more expenses, and more illegals do not win when their candidates win.., they are just not smart enough to understand what they’ve done.

GOOD ON U....now it is to Red Feather Lake OR r u moving out of state now.?

17 Nov 2022 08:16 #9 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote:

Rick wrote:

Untrue, House Republicans took a number of seats in New York during the midterms. The GOP wouldn't have a House majority without New York state.

17 Nov 2022 13:54 #10 by Rick

homeagain wrote: GOOD ON U....now it is to Red Feather Lake OR r u moving out of state now.?

Great question. The lodge we tried to buy in Wyoming (Bighorn Mountains) fell through so we’ve had a hard time finding something up north that is mountain property or a place we can make a living.

Red Feather is pretty sweet and prices are starting to come down…. just not sure if I can start a business up there or if a really want to risk staying in Colorado given its current trajectory.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds