FACTS FOR U......EDUCATE THY SELF

20 Dec 2022 13:41 #11 by homeagain
www.washingtonpost.com/national-security...ign=wp_news_alert_re

Fentanyl pills sold on U.S. streets are often “made to look identical to real prescription medications — including OxyContin®, Percocet®, and Xanax® — but only contain filler and fentanyl,” the DEA said, warning people against trying to buy any of those legal drugs through social media sites.

“Fake pills are readily found on social media. No pharmaceutical pill bought on social media is safe,” the DEA said. “The only safe medications are ones prescribed directly to you by a trusted medical professional and dispensed by a licensed pharmacist.”

SO, if your kid is on soc media.....do u KNOW what they r researching?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Dec 2022 18:50 #12 by FredHayek
One of my acquaintances likes to buy drugs from "Canadian pharmacies". I hope he decides to get sober instead.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Dec 2022 02:06 #13 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote: www.washingtonpost.com/national-security...ign=wp_news_alert_re

Fentanyl pills sold on U.S. streets are often “made to look identical to real prescription medications — including OxyContin®, Percocet®, and Xanax® — but only contain filler and fentanyl,” the DEA said, warning people against trying to buy any of those legal drugs through social media sites.

“Fake pills are readily found on social media. No pharmaceutical pill bought on social media is safe,” the DEA said. “The only safe medications are ones prescribed directly to you by a trusted medical professional and dispensed by a licensed pharmacist.”

Have you read anything which hypothesizes a reason for this. Why make and distribute counterfeit legal drugs that are lethal.
Killing off your customer base does not seem like good business to me.

22 Dec 2022 07:10 #14 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote:

homeagain wrote: www.washingtonpost.com/national-security...ign=wp_news_alert_re

Have you read anything which hypothesizes a reason for this. Why make and distribute counterfeit legal drugs that are lethal.
Killing off your customer base does not seem like good business to me.

[/b]

jmo....America is so fubarred in this ugly period of time,that when one drops dead,two or three OTHER TARGETS immediately take their place, in other words, the GREED on behalf of the Cartels ,provides an escape for the masses who r disillusioned,disenfranchised and desperate.....DEPRESSION is a deceptive thing.....on the outside TWITCH was a happy individual,on the inside he was battling a beast called depression.,I am not saying he took drugs, I am saying the mental state of an individual multiplied
by depression.......provides a LARGE POOL OF PEOPLE TO BE PICKED OFF by the cartels...demand
is endless.

23 Dec 2022 11:15 #15 by FredHayek
At one time legal amphetamines and pain pills were readily available. True, a bunch of people misused them. The government started clamping down so users turned to the streets for extra energy and pain relief. Has the clampdown now gone too far the other way? Seniors in severe pain cannot get an increase in dosage as they age. Those who need speed now have to make it themselves with dangerous production issues and horrible side effects. We ended Prohibition because it never worked. Time to end the drug war?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Dec 2022 12:04 #16 by homeagain
NEVER going to happen....doctors r too afraid of lawsuits and their insurance rates increased. I am in CHRONIC pain with degenerative disc disease (aging) and arthritis...useless to ask for pain killer (mild) because the doctors r NOT progressive. I am VERY JUDICIOUS with what small amount of rx's I take. Doesn't matter. because of vertigo issues I take low dose Diazepam....when I was forced to find another PCP the owner/manager of clinic I was accepted into request blood/urine test (not a problem from my pov)
THE TEST CAME BACK WITH MORPHINE in my urine.....HERE is the stupidity of the medical professionals over here (the doctor who owns the clinic freaked out and was adamant about me testing every couple of weeks) ...I am a self advocating person...I looked at the lab work..the number were WELL WITHIN A COUPLE OF POPPY SEED MUFFINS OR A SALAD WITH POPPY SEED DRESSING (WHICH WAS THE CASE..i HAD A COUPLE OF POPPY SEED MUFFINS THAT DAY. i have quinoa salad with poppy seed dressing couple times a week. CASE SOLVED,but not from his pov,he was suspicious and EXTRA precaution......it's tiresome battling the rural med. profssionals....ANY educated doctor would have seen the values as nominal and asked a couple of questions....PROBLEM SOLVED

23 Dec 2022 12:44 #17 by ramage
".it's tiresome battling the rural med. profssionals."

Perhaps you should move to an urban area.

23 Dec 2022 15:43 #18 by homeagain

ramage wrote: ".it's tiresome battling the rural med. profssionals."

Perhaps you should move to an urban area.

HERE'S THE IRONY...the P.A. they assigned me to (who I already told u I liked because he was progressive) is PATIENT CENTERED HOME and younger...I asked if I needed to do testing twice a month.....he just said,NO,just don't eat poppy seeds.....he KNEW the lab values were nominal and he was.secure within his self To make a judgement call FOR THE PATIENT. The DOCTOR (who is the owner and MORE educated than the P.A.......was displaying patient "gas lighting"....look it up , it is a real thing. This is THREE times in 8 years I have experienced med. professionals gas lighting me.

23 Dec 2022 19:05 - 23 Dec 2022 19:06 #19 by ramage
Disparage the M.D. as you like, along with the other 2-3 Docs that you interacted with.
The following is reality: as I understand your post, this was your first meeting, from whom, you requested narcotics for your "pain". He asked for a urine test and your test came back positive for opiates. The test for narcotics is not nominal, they are either present or not. Perhaps, though you have not stated, that you are taking narcotic medications?
How else should he have reacted?
Synopsis: a new patient asking for narcotics, tests positive. Any MD who would have given you narcotics would and should be prosecuted.
You should be thankful that the MD still has you as a patient.

As an aside, you state that the "PA" told you not to eat poppy seeds, but you did. Then you used it as a reason for the positive test. Ranks right up there with my dog ate my homework.

24 Dec 2022 07:54 - 24 Dec 2022 08:14 #20 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Disparage the M.D. as you like, along with the other 2-3 Docs that you interacted with.
The following is reality: as I understand your post, this was your first meeting, from whom, you requested narcotics for your "pain". He asked for a urine test and your test came back positive for opiates. The test for narcotics is not nominal, they are either present or not. Perhaps, though you have not stated, that you are taking narcotic medications?
How else should he have reacted?
Synopsis: a new patient asking for narcotics, tests positive. Any MD who would have given you narcotics would and should be prosecuted.
You should be thankful that the MD still has you as a patient.

As an aside, you state that the "PA" told you not to eat poppy seeds, but you did. Then you used it as a reason for the positive test. Ranks right up there with my dog ate my homework.

[/b]

FIRST BOLDED...i am astounded at the lack of comprehension of my post.....I DID NOT ASK FOR PAIN MEDS. I stated I was taking a BENZODIAZPINES,WHICH IS A TIER 2 DRUG CLASSIFICATION,NOT THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF DRUGS.....(by the way,I had already ascertained that Diazepam was an acceptable
drug by THIS clinic....so there was NO SURPRISE factor.....IF U RECALL, I said I was ALREADY A PATIENT IN THE CLINIC AND WAS REASSIGNED A PROVIDER,BECAUSE MY NP LEFT. THE EXIT
VISIT TO THAT PROVIDER DETAILED THE REASON FOR THE RX, IT WAS IN THE PATIENT FILE.,NO SURPRISES,RX WAS ALREADY OK'D AND FILLED MULTIPLE TIMES (5 TO BE EXACT).

BOLDED NUMBER TWO......DO U UNDERSTAND/KNOW WHAT PATIENT CENTERED HOME MEANS????? DO U KNOW/UNDERSTAND WHAT PATIENT GAS LIGHTING MEANS????

THE DOCTOR DID NOT CONSULT MY FILES BEFORE REQUESTING A MEET.....HE DID NOT ASK THE PERTINENT QUESTIONS (AFTER VIEWING MY LABS).....HAD HE ASKED A COUPLE OF VERY ELEMENTARY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE RESULTS,HE WOULD HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER WAS
STRAIGHT FORWARD AND SIMPLE.....POPPY SEEDS R THE CULPRIT,AGAIN THE VALUES WERE NOT HIGH,THEY WERE NOMINAL. I AM CLUELESS ABOUT THE LAST PARAGRAPH YOU POSTED,IS THAT YOUR TAKE AWAY? JUST WOW....WHAT I POSTED WAS MY NEW PA SAW THE NOMINAL VALUES AND THAT THE RX HAD ALREADY BEEN FILL MULTIPLE TIMES,THRU THIS CLINIC
AND HE WAS AWARE THAT POPPY SEEDS COULD SQUE THE NUMBERS....PRODUCING A TEST POSITIVE FOR MORPHINE...HE WAS 'ON TOP OF THE ISSUE' AND JUST FOUND IT NOT NECESSARY TO TEST,AS THE OWNER OF CLINIC,DOCTOR WAS OVER REACTING. i AM CONFUSED AT HOW CONVOLUTED YOUR POST WAS.......COMPREHENSION IS A NECESSARY TOOL IN ANY PROFESSION.

www.therecoveryvillage.com/valium-addiction/diazepam-narcotic/

IT IS NOT A NARCOTIC......perhaps that is something u should correct?

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds