death doula POSTIONS NEEDED

21 Feb 2023 09:12 #1 by homeagain
www.medpagetoday.com/opinion/second-opin...ual-gmail-definition

Today, palliative care is a growing subspecialtyopens in a new tab or window; yet, we face the challenge of limited numbers of specialty trained, certified experts, in the face of increasing demandopens in a new tab or window for our services. One of our team nurses shared that her only training on caring for the dying involved a lecture from a funeral home manager. There is insufficient training and poor understanding of our services among healthcare professionals, administrators, and the public.

THE ANSWER ......death doula,a person whp guides "U" thru till the end of life...opposite of birth doula.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Feb 2023 17:49 #2 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic death doula POSTIONS NEEDED
Would a Dr Kervorkian wannabe qualify as a death doula?

21 Feb 2023 21:20 #3 by FredHayek
How much training should these "Angel's of Death" have? A community College degree?

And what sort of people would be attracted to a career like this? Goth teenage girls? Sadistic teenage boys who are going to get a tattoo for each legal kill?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Feb 2023 22:15 #4 by ScienceChic
There was just a story on this that Canyon Courier shared less than 6 months ago. It was the first time I'd heard the term and it sounded like a wonderful version of hospice care.

Death doulas: Normalizing discussions of death and dying
By Taylor Shaw, Colorado Community Media
Posted Wednesday, September 14, 2022 9:00 am

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

22 Feb 2023 18:59 #5 by FredHayek

How to solve the Social Security crisis? Assist these people on their way to death.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

10 Mar 2023 07:56 #6 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: How much training should these "Angel's of Death" have? A community College degree?

And what sort of people would be attracted to a career like this? Goth teenage girls? Sadistic teenage boys who are going to get a tattoo for each legal kill?

www.medpagetoday.com/opinion/second-opin...2-04&eun=g1977234d0r

is a community doula and the course developer of the University of Vermont's End-of-Life Doula Professional Certificate Programs, a researcher with the Vermont Conversation Lab, and a hospice volunteer. She is the author of two books, Cultivating the Doula Heart: Essentials of Compassionate Careopens in a new tab or window and Map of Memory Laneopens in a new tab or window.

10 Mar 2023 08:13 #7 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic death doula POSTIONS NEEDED
The position will attract people who can understand these verbal gymnastics:

"We study how foundational characteristics of interpersonal dynamics, meaning-making and human connection observably manifest in conversations textured with the existential experience of serious illness, caregiving or grief. We seek to develop valid, reliable, and socially just methods to inform the epidemiology of these phenomena in large, diverse samples of people and contexts."

vermontconversationlab.com

10 Mar 2023 09:53 #8 by homeagain
"do small things with great love".....MOTHER TERESA

10 Mar 2023 13:06 #9 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic death doula POSTIONS NEEDED
By "small things", I doubt she meant killing people... that seems like a big thing to me.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

10 Mar 2023 16:02 #10 by homeagain
inelda.org/about-doulas/what-is-a-doula/

“During the vigil, the doulas stayed with us continuously, and used my mom’s guided visualization and music to help her stay calm and let go more easily. They supported me emotionally, eased my anxiety, and guided me through the entire process. When I look back now, I think of the doulas as angels who transformed my mom’s dying into an experience of deep meaning that I will carry through my grief and for the rest of my life.” SMALL THINGS WITH GREAT LOVE.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds