TEXAS.....truly the front leader of failure

26 May 2023 13:15 #11 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: The officers were told to stand down. And one officer who had kids in the school had his duty pistol taken from him.
They screwed up, but blaming the state for one department's timidity is wrong.

[/b]

OH MY, ANOTHER DEPARTMENT.....education woefully lacking,what a surprise.

www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-high-school-g...ts-able-to-graduate/

U.S.
A Texas high school had to move its graduation because only 5 students were reportedly eligible to graduate

By Caitlin O'Kane

May 25, 2023 / 10:26 AM / CBS News

A high school in Marlin, Texas, postponed its graduation ceremony until June to allow students more time to reach graduation requirements.

According to CBS affiliate KWTX, 28 of 33 seniors at Marlin High School did not meet graduation requirements, and their attendance records and grades are to blame.

"The district has affirmed its commitment to providing necessary resources and support to students, and the new graduation date is seen as a testament to this commitment," The Marlin Independent School District said in a press release.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 May 2023 15:22 #12 by FredHayek
Better than letting students graduate who didn't deserve to graduate. This happened nationwide during the Covid-19 years, in both Red and Blue States.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 May 2023 15:53 #13 by ramage
Those Texans should take a lesson from Baltimore, MD. In B'more students graduate who are unable to read or write.

26 May 2023 18:35 #14 by FredHayek
I am going to blame President Joe Biden and his Department of Education for the Baltimore school system. They are willing to let poor African-American students graduate without learning basic skills. They have been failing these kids for generations.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds