Senator Diane Feinstein Dies At 90.

29 Sep 2023 09:00 #1 by FredHayek
She had been in bad health for years, a relative was taking care of her and handling her finances because she was no longer capable. Should she have retired? Especially because she missed so many votes for her constituents.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Sep 2023 11:34 #2 by Rick
It’s sad to see these people dying of old age while still being forever funded by taxpayers. Mitch needs to go before he has no choice as well.

Chuck Schumer used her death this morning to further divide and achieve some political gain instead of just mourning her loss like a actual caring human would do. If you didn’t listen to his little speech, you should.

I don’t mourn her loss any more than I would mourn the loss of the guy who pumps out our septic tank. That goes for any politician that puts their career above the country, which I believe is the majority in Washington.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

29 Sep 2023 11:54 #3 by FredHayek
Only upside? We never had to give her a pension.

29 Sep 2023 12:20 #4 by Rick
I don’t think any elected official that leave’s Washington as a multi millionaire should NOT receive a single cent of pension. These people become rich because of their powerful positions and should not be rewarded with even more taxpayer dollars IF they finally leave for any reason.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

29 Sep 2023 13:01 #5 by ramage
Senator Diane Feinstein Dies At 90. To this topic heading I would add: "What Next?"

I will answer my question with the following hypothesis.

Gov. Newsom appoints Kamala Harris as senator. He has stated that he will appoint a black woman.
Slo Joe then appoints Newsom as VP. Slo Joe resigns and hands the office to Newsom.
This theory is predicated on Newsom agreeing to pardon Hunter and if necessary Joe. Not a difficult stretch for Newsom.
This, I believe, is what the democrat powers want to happen.

29 Sep 2023 13:51 #6 by FredHayek
Could be, give Kamala Harris a way to gracefully leave national politics. And in deep blue California, she could serve until she is 90. Never having to worry about losing a primary or general election.

29 Sep 2023 17:32 #7 by Rick
That would be a smart scenario that would give them a viable candidate (even though he has massively failed his state)… but I just don’t see how the party who puts skin color and gender above competency and accomplishment could get rid of Kamala that easy. She’s the VP and she is very ambitious. The cries of injustice would be too loud for the Democrats to handle. Newsome will find another black woman to fill that seat and her qualifications won’t matter at all (see John Fedderman). I think they will scrap the whole ticket by Joe volunteering to step aside (with nudging from the actual leader, aka Obama. I did my know what Joe’s excuse will be but I’m assuming it will be a health reason or to spend more time with the 6 grandkids he cares about.

George Orwell

30 Sep 2023 07:43 #8 by Freezeman
Fred I am surprised that you think we will have many more years of primary and general elections.
I often hear as I am sure you have too, that the next election will be the end of Democracy if.....

30 Sep 2023 09:50 #9 by ramage
Re: Kamala Harris
Better to be a senator with a lifetime job, than an X-Vice President.
If the democrats were to push Biden aside and not put Harris up as their candidate then you would really hear cries of injustice, racism, sexism and probably other "isms" that are out there.

30 Sep 2023 11:31 #10 by FredHayek
Exactly! Being a Democrat senator in California is essentially a lifetime appointment. And while Kamala is ambitious, she doesn't seem to have the charisma or talent to become president.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds