ARE YOU READY TO GO TO WAR

31 Oct 2023 15:22 #11 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic ARE YOU READY TO GO TO WAR
Rick,
I disagree with you. The U.S. has a surfeit of tax revenues. It is the profligate spending of these monies that is the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Oct 2023 15:34 #12 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: We don’t even get enough tax revenue to pay for the needs of this country.( per Rick).....gee, i GUESS ALL THOSE OFF SHORE ACCOUNTS THAT R BEING IMPLEMENTED R RIGHTEOUS FOR THE RICH.

They have run the numbers. It you took all the wealth from the Top 1% in America, it would run the US for about three days. Lately the US spends 20% more than they take in.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Nov 2023 09:46 #13 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic ARE YOU READY TO GO TO WAR

ramage wrote: Rick,
I disagree with you. The U.S. has a surfeit of tax revenues. It is the profligate spending of these monies that is the problem.

We absolutely have a spending problem but how can we have an excess of tax revenue when we only have enough tax revenue to cover entitlements? We borrow for everything else, so yes, this country is broke. At the rate the debt is increasing there’s no way we could cut enough spending to stop the debt spiral.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 Nov 2023 10:29 - 01 Nov 2023 10:32 #14 by FredHayek
I noticed last week that the USAF just adjusted up their enlistment age to 42!

And re-enlistment bonuses are increasing.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

01 Nov 2023 12:13 #15 by ramage
I dislike the fact that the meanings of words has been convoluted to represent something different from an earlier meaning.
For example, "entitlement" defined as a right given by contract. It is now used to describe a sacred cow that cannot be touched, while in reality it can be modified or abrogated by Congress and the Executive. Which, in fact, has happened albeit in small steps, i.e. the means testing of Medicare.
Simply put D.C. has the power and ability to do something "entitlements". Politics, however, is foremost.

01 Nov 2023 16:34 #16 by ramage
The Israeli-Hamas conflict is much more efficient than the Russian-Ukraine conflict. In only 3 weeks 9000+ civilians have been killed in the I-H conflict, it took two years for the R-U conflict to reach these numbers.

02 Nov 2023 18:31 #17 by Rick

ramage wrote: I dislike the fact that the meanings of words has been convoluted to represent something different from an earlier meaning.
For example, "entitlement" defined as a right given by contract. It is now used to describe a sacred cow that cannot be touched, while in reality it can be modified or abrogated by Congress and the Executive. Which, in fact, has happened albeit in small steps, i.e. the means testing of Medicare.
Simply put D.C. has the power and ability to do something "entitlements". Politics, however, is foremost.

I'm not a fan of that changed meaning either but it's easier than listing all the programs that nobody wants to touch because votes may be affected. My point is that our debt should be the biggest issue because it's going to wipe out our standard of living and will eventually turn us into a failed country.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Nov 2023 06:56 #18 by homeagain
. My point is that our debt should be the biggest issue because it's going to wipe out our standard of living and will eventually turn us into a failed country. PER RICK

I'm sorry to inform u.....we have ALREADY arrived at that event. (the fourth turning is WELL on it;s way to it's
conclusion) JMO

03 Nov 2023 21:03 #19 by Rick

homeagain wrote: . My point is that our debt should be the biggest issue because it's going to wipe out our standard of living and will eventually turn us into a failed country. PER RICK

I'm sorry to inform u.....we have ALREADY arrived at that event. (the fourth turning is WELL on it;s way to it's
conclusion) JMO

\

I'm well aware of our late stage republic in the process of crumbling and it doesn't really matter if you use some author's term or not.

I just have two questions that I'd love you to answer.

1. Are you happy about where we are headed and why?

2. Who do you blame for what is happening... do you blame the people who are or have been in the government making decisions for us or do you blame the people who are governed?

George Orwell

04 Nov 2023 09:00 #20 by homeagain
Am I happy with where we r heading? I tend to view things from a metaphysical level. What that means is
events/or circumstances r introduced as a learning experience (for the purpose of evolving or becoming more aware). Things r as they should be,because there r lessons to be learned. There is a reason for all the turmoil .Put another way ..."There is no such thing as a problem,without a gift for you in it's hand." You seek problems because u need their gifts"....quote from ILLUSIONS by Richard Bach. I am watching the scene unfold and am not alarmed,but keenly interested in how "we"(collectively) will evolve as a nation.

I am very aware most people think this is "woo ,woo wisdom"....hippie dippie stuff,but that does not affect me.

PLACING BLAME..if the people DEMANDED a cohesive,functioning government and put forth the effort to accomplish that, it would be done. (lessons r being learned, if KUWTK tv series The real housewives of "whatever" (reality tv) r the drivers of what is important, then our gov. will/does act like a "bratty teenager"and we r like parents who ALLOW the behavior to continue. Who is to blame.? BOTH, the people who are allowing the behavior and the leadership,who is taking advantage of the lack of DISCIPLINARY ACTION and structured boundaries. (children can be raised with respect and integrity IF the parents r willing to put in the hard effort, it is the same with our gov. leaders.... we expect so little of them, they r running rampant)

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds