ARE YOU READY TO GO TO WAR

05 Nov 2023 12:50 #21 by FredHayek
Looks like America no longer likes both the Foreign and Domestic policy of the Biden Administration.

Time for the DNC to change horses in midstream?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Nov 2023 08:15 #22 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic ARE YOU READY TO GO TO WAR
A crumbling economy and future means that millions of people are going to die and many millions more are going to face extreme poverty. I'm not sure how anyone could view that future with indifference... I see it as a preventable tragedy that should require people to face jail time. Biden is pulling us into wars and uniting our enemies against us which is only accelerating our problems here at home. Biden has allowed MILLIONS of people to pour cross our border (actually enchouraged them to cross) and we have no idea who trhese people are or what their intentions are. Every terrorist attack we are likely to see will be on Biden if the terrorists crossed that border under his weak leadership.

Elections have consequences and we are paying for it right now.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Nov 2023 13:11 - 06 Nov 2023 13:12 #23 by koobookie

Rick wrote: A crumbling economy and future means that millions of people are going to die and many millions more are going to face extreme poverty. I'm not sure how anyone could view that future with indifference... I see it as a preventable tragedy that should require people to face jail time. Biden is pulling us into wars and uniting our enemies against us which is only accelerating our problems here at home. Biden has allowed MILLIONS of people to pour cross our border (actually enchouraged them to cross) and we have no idea who trhese people are or what their intentions are. Every terrorist attack we are likely to see will be on Biden if the terrorists crossed that border under his weak leadership.

Elections have consequences and we are paying for it right now.

What crumbling economy?

Strongest US Economic Growth Since 2021 Puts Fed in Tough Spot

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-10-...tough-spot#xj4y7vzkg

09 Nov 2023 13:01 #24 by Rick
I look at lots of different factors, koobookie and in my opinion, we are headed for serious troubl;e. Credit card debt is exploding and the interest rates on that debt is at levels we haven't seen since Carter. If you expand your search to other economic experts I think you'll see a different picture than you will from those that are more aligned with the current administration's talking points.

I hope I'm wrong but I've always been pretty good at math and I don't see anything positive in our current environment. I really do hope you're right and I'll happily confess to being wrong.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

09 Nov 2023 15:57 #25 by homeagain
I would have to agree with Rick...the numbers r there,but the consumer is drowning in cc debt,THEY do not feel that things r swell,they see things escalating in price and they can not keep up. Default on loans(car) r a troublesome factor and interest rates that WERE very low or now high, but coming down abit.(2.75 is a
advantage,which is no longer available.) stores closing, layoffs r being factored into the macro scene.

10 Nov 2023 06:37 #26 by homeagain
www.cnbc.com/2023/11/09/average-credit-c...-a-10-year-high.html

The average credit card balance is now more than $6,000, the highest in 10 years, a new report by TransUnion found.

here is an overview of troublesome trends......

10 Nov 2023 08:05 #27 by Rick
Absolutely right HA, we just hit a brand new record of 1.08 TRILLION in credit card debt while wages are not keeping up with inflation.

If we had a majority of news sources sounding the alarm and informing their audiences about the danger the economy is facing, it would help to wake people up. That would not be helpful to Biden so I understand why there is silence in much of the media.

I've gone through bankruptcy because I put everything into my business.... then I got hit with recession in 2008 that I was able to survive until I got two cancers in 2010... then it was too much to overcome. I think there's a lot of people trying to live the lifestyles they had back in 2020 and are using credit to make it happen. I still do some work for a large buy-here-pay-here car lot and their repo's are ticking up to record levels again. The sugar high our government created during Covid was the catalyst that has accellerated this problem because it gave people a false sense of security that the government will just send us checks if times get too bad. Bad times are here and they will get much much worse.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds