"Very Fine People on Both Sides"

12 Dec 2023 09:56 #41 by Rick
This thread has gone off the rails. I'd be happy to have this discussion in another thread where male and female differences are the topic.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Dec 2023 10:43 #42 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote: The Democrat party can only get and keep power by creating victims and villains. The problem they never see is that there is no such thing as "equality". Nobody is equal to anyone else, everybody is different and everyone has different abilities. They want to pretend that male and female bodies/minds are interchangeable... they are not. God or nature made us differently for a reason, just like in the animal kingdom.

It used to be normal for the men to provide a home, food, and everything else a family needs while the women took care of the family. Both are equally important for a society to survive and thrive. The fact that that "norm" has drastically changed and the results of that change are not always good, tells me that humans are not very good at changing natural order for the better. That may make you angry, but it doesn't mean that I'm wrong. The destruction of the nuclear will be the death of this country imo, along with the willful surrender of our freedoms to a centralized world government.

There are many reasons for differences in pay and you can't make blanket statements without looking at the individual careers and individual circumstances. That goes for everything else on HA's list... circumstances matter a lot.

WHAT has changed is the "norm" was a good factory job/skilled workers of occupational positions...welders,wood makers,mechanics,plumbers,electric wizards that brought home a GOOD wage,unions assisted with that. ONE paycheck would cover a middle class lifestyle,( the need for an SUV, a sportscar AND a truck,the need for a 52 inch TV screen, a three car garage,a membership to the gym/golf course,a cruise to an exotic place,THE latest trending clothes was not even on the radar.) THAT is what changed. When the woman found B.C. pills that freed her from unwanted children and allowed her a gift of what life could look like,not being burdened with babies to bounce on her hip.....SHE saw what men take for granite......autonomy and control of their lives.

SORRY, PARITY is a problem...if I am doing the exact same job and doing it exceptionally well,my pay should not be based upon my gender. ("the man has a family to support"....here's a little bump to your check)

12 Dec 2023 10:50 #43 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote: The Democrat party can only get and keep power by creating victims and villains. The problem they never see is that there is no such thing as "equality". Nobody is equal to anyone else, everybody is different and everyone has different abilities. They want to pretend that male and female bodies/minds are interchangeable... they are not. God or nature made us differently for a reason, just like in the animal kingdom.

It used to be normal for the men to provide a home, food, and everything else a family needs while the women took care of the family. Both are equally important for a society to survive and thrive. The fact that that "norm" has drastically changed and the results of that change are not always good, tells me that humans are not very good at changing natural order for the better. That may make you angry, but it doesn't mean that I'm wrong. The destruction of the nuclear will be the death of this country imo, along with the willful surrender of our freedoms to a centralized world government.

There are many reasons for differences in pay and you can't make blanket statements without looking at the individual careers and individual circumstances. That goes for everything else on HA's list... circumstances matter a lot.

WHAT has changed is the "norm" was a good factory job/skilled workers of occupational positions...welders,wood makers,mechanics,plumbers,electric wizards that brought home a GOOD wage,unions assisted with that. ONE paycheck would cover a middle class lifestyle,( the need for an SUV, a sportscar AND a truck,the need for a 52 inch TV screen, a three car garage,a membership to the gym/golf course,a cruise to an exotic place,THE latest trending clothes was not even on the radar.) THAT is what changed. When the woman found B.C. pills that freed her from unwanted children and allowed her a gift of what life could look like,not being burdened with babies to bounce on her hip.....SHE saw what men take for granite......autonomy and control of their lives.

SORRY, PARITY is a problem...if I am doing the exact same job and doing it exceptionally well,my pay should not be based upon my gender. ("the man has a family to support"....here's a little bump to your check)

HOW is it "of the rail"...I responded to your post within this thread...a post YOU composed and attempted to place blame. (politics),I responded with a logical line of thinking,non political.

12 Dec 2023 15:50 - 12 Dec 2023 15:50 #44 by ramage
".if I am doing the exact same job and doing it exceptionally well,my pay should not be based upon my gender."

I got a chuckle over the above comment, particularly the ".....exceptionallyl well". This statement indicates that a person, regardless of gender (btw do you include the 20+ genders and growing) should be paid the same amount regardless of exceptionalism.
Want to restate?

Now if you could provide examples of the disparity in pay based on gender, your argument may well be substantiated.

12 Dec 2023 17:29 #45 by homeagain

ramage wrote: ".if I am doing the exact same job and doing it exceptionally well,my pay should not be based upon my gender."

I got a chuckle over the above comment, particularly the ".....exceptionallyl well". This statement indicates that a person, regardless of gender (btw do you include the 20+ genders and growing) should be paid the same amount regardless of exceptionalism.
Want to restate?

Now if you could provide examples of the disparity in pay based on gender, your argument may well be substantiated.

[/b]

RESTATED....average output or even sub par is on a curve graded scale.(no bump in pay or bonuses)
As to PARITY,,,,,,your request reflects just how uninformed you r and apparently have been for a very long time...U do the research,it has minimal increase in PENNIES (in a decade or so) .....U check MALE SURGEONS PAY(against female) for exact same field......that would be a a start.

12 Dec 2023 18:09 #46 by ramage
Since you picked surgeons pay, a subject that I have some familiarity with, let me point out the following from personal experience. My group was 6 individuals, one of which was female, replacing a male who had retired. We were fee for service and divided our group income equally to 6 MD's.
Dr. XX had an equal share in the group. God bless her, Dr. XX decided to have 5 children during her time in our practice. For each of those pregnancies she was out 8 - 12 weeks post delivery. . And of course while pregnant she took no emergency call,
She took an equal share of the income, regardless of her time off . We all had children, the male MD's relied on their wives or surrogates so that they maintained a full schedule. Should we have taken he time off and dumped the emergency call and our elective surgery on the other MDs?
I think that Home Again would have rallied against our group. If Dr.XY was not available for her surgery.
Please do not respond that we were an exception. We were not. Sorry perhaps that acting as a male, protecting the mother of children, was not in step with the Woke generation. The other groups that we were in company with did the same thing.

12 Dec 2023 18:38 - 12 Dec 2023 18:45 #47 by homeagain
www.marketwatch.com/story/male-surgeons-...ynecology-2019-10-02

Female surgeons in the U.S. face a $1 million shortfall over their careers due to the gender pay gap.
These stats r 2019,guess they have gone up?....In every field there is disparity,the men get a pass when
child care is the subject...(which was a subject in another thread)

13 Dec 2023 09:23 #48 by Rick
Just a friendly reminder that this thread is about people who hate other people for no good reason.

Start a wage gap thread somewhere else please.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 Dec 2023 09:37 #49 by homeagain
SORRY, ...proceed as u wish

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds