Spin the wheel,SELECT your choice.

09 Dec 2023 06:27 #1 by homeagain
s2.washingtonpost.com/camp-rw/?trackId=5...linknum=2&linktot=50

He’s right: It is very unlikely that a third-party candidate wins the White House next year. But there are a bunch running anyway, sensing a historic opportunity given many Americans’ disillusionment with President Biden and former president Donald Trump.

Here’s who the likely third-party candidates are — and since they probably won’t win, here’s how they could affect the election:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Dec 2023 13:25 #2 by FredHayek
Exactly! Let American voters show their displeasure with the current choices. Neither octogenarian is even polling above 50% with his own party, much less Americans in general.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Dec 2023 15:08 - 10 Dec 2023 15:09 #3 by ramage
It is interesting that the democrats are actively trying to keep Robert F. Kennedy, Jr off the general ballot as well as the democrat primaries and also have no primary debates. The Republicans are actively trying to get an alternative candidate to Trump.
They, the Republican National Committee has added to debates to the schedule without consulting its membership.
I sincerely believe that, as part of the deep state, they are willing to alienate President Trump and his supporters to the extent that they will not vote for any other Republican candidate. Fortunaely that is not going to happen.
By the way, if you consider President Trump to be an octogenarian (in his 8th decade of life at age 77) then you should recognize that Slo Joe is a nonagenarian ( in his 9th decade of life at age 81).

11 Dec 2023 14:38 #4 by FredHayek
I could see Kennedy attracting more right wing anti-vax voters than Trump who is still very proud of Operation Warp Speed.
Although lots of left wing hippies also detest forced vaccinations.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Dec 2023 15:17 #5 by ramage
I agree, if one's anti-vax position is the ruling concern that the vote is based on, much like the abortion vote with democrats. However I do not believe that they are a significant portion of the Republican vote. Many anti-vaxers are democrats, being anti-vax long before the Covid debacle.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds