President Trump Screw-ups?

12 Dec 2023 07:15 #1 by FredHayek

What were President Trump's biggest mistakes during his first term?

I wish he had been more of a fiscal conservative. And I didn't like his anti-gun measures.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Dec 2023 09:00 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic President Trump Screw-ups?
How exactly could Trump have done it any differently? He did what any good president would do; he gave the green light to the "experts" to come up with a vaccine as soon as possible. If you want to criticize him for listening to the scientists (that he didn't know were wrong and sometimes corrupt liars), you then have to criticize everybody else who were demanding he "follow the science". He did follow the science and the science was wrong. There are still people on this board getting that crap injected into their bodies but also think Trump is the second coming of Hitler.

What should Trump have done other than stop flights from the epicenter, (China), and listen to the "experts"?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Dec 2023 09:42 #3 by homeagain
FIRST and foremost....a warped sense of self importance, otherwise know as egocentric and failure to evolve into a fully realized mature male.

12 Dec 2023 09:53 #4 by Rick
I'm not sure what that means in this context. What should Trump have done other than listen to and take the advice from "experts" and scientists?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Dec 2023 10:18 #5 by homeagain
MATURE is the main word....

www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/10/...est-comments-parsed/

It’s the kind of comment that seems to invite further elaboration.

“A person that has no idea what America stands for and has no idea what America is all about. A person who cavalierly suggests that a selfless warrior who has served his country for 40 years in peacetime and war should lose his life for treason — in expectation that someone will take action.”

Again, the subtext here is striking. This refers to Trump’s recent comments accusing Milley of treason. Trump added that Milley’s actions were “so egregious that, in times gone by, the punishment would have been DEATH!”

Kelly’s comment that Trump was saying this “in expectation that someone will take action” sure sounds like he is accusing Trump of attempting to incite violence against now-retired Milley.

“A person who admires autocrats and murderous dictators. A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law.”
“There is nothing more that can be said,” Kelly concluded. “God help us.”

Kelly has criticized Trump before, but his starkest comments have often been reported secondhand. You can now add him to the list of former top aides warning in some very strong terms about another Trump term — and effectively labeling Trump a clear and present danger.

This post has been updated with comment from the Trump campaign.

We will not ever forget his denigration of McCain...as a loser, because he was captured and tortured.THIS statement from a man child ,that NEVER served our country....an exquisite example of immaturity. JMO

13 Dec 2023 09:17 #6 by Rick
More stuff that has nothing to do with my question... what would the perfect president have done in the exact same circumstances? What would Biden, Obama, Bush, or Clinton have done?

George Orwell

13 Dec 2023 09:55 #7 by homeagain

Rick wrote: How exactly could Trump have done it any differently? He did what any good president would do; he gave the green light to the "experts" to come up with a vaccine as soon as possible. If you want to criticize him for listening to the scientists (that he didn't know were wrong and sometimes corrupt liars), you then have to criticize everybody else who were demanding he "follow the science". He did follow the science and the science was wrong. There are still people on this board getting that crap injected into their bodies but also think Trump is the second coming of Hitler.

What should Trump have done other than stop flights from the epicenter, (China), and listen to the "experts"?

TWO THINGS....

1. He ignored/denied/or glossed over just how mass critical it was...."it will be just like the flu, I'd like to celebrate EASTER IN APRIL."....It will be ok. (paraphrased)

2. HE GAVE THE DRUGS COMPANIES A PASS,make it so,get the vac out....I will declare u free of any litigation resulting from the vac. side effects....DRUG COMPANIES WENT ...WILL ALRIGHT THEN,$$$$$$
to go spend. With no limitations/or responsibility....SWEET DEAL!.

13 Dec 2023 12:42 - 13 Dec 2023 12:43 #8 by Rick
Your #1 was just words… his opinion and didn’t have any effect on the pandemic imo. It’s like when Biden always says that we don’t have to worry about China competing with the US. He’s dead wrong, but I suppose some low info people may believe that.

Your #2 i agree with somewhat, but I also think every other president would have given the same immunity given the collective panic. Every president would have tried to find a cure as fast as possible and waiting for years of studies would not be an option.

If you recall, nobody on the left batted an eye when it was made known that immunity against lawsuits was given. In fact, it was the Biden administration that FORCED the jab knowing full well that adequate studies were not done.

Trump did pat himself on the back for the quick approval but Democrats gave him no credit after he left and the jab was forced. I fault Trump for continuing to talk about the great jab knowing there are side effects that can be harmful if not deadly.

But again, the current administration is still promoting the jab and nobody in the administration wants to talk about the negative side effects for certain people. The blame is spread equally across both sides.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds