Lauren Boebert Ends Her 3rd CD Campaign

27 Dec 2023 19:11 #1 by FredHayek
Will instead run in the 4th. Buck's former district.
Was her polling showing her losing in the primary to a more traditional GOP candidate? Or losing to her Democrat opponent?

Very strange move. Only seen this when districts disappear or are added.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Dec 2023 19:58 #2 by ramage
Brilliant political move.
I did not see this coming. Boebert will now run as an incumbent, though not from the 3rd district. The democrats in Aspen will have to fund a campaign against a candidate that they do not know and will have difficulty labelling.

Chalk one up for her stragetists.

P.S. It will be instructional do see if Ken Buck supports her.

28 Dec 2023 07:58 #3 by homeagain
coloradosun.com/2023/12/27/lauren-boeber...2b&mc_eid=86d8ec5269

Boebert won by just 546 votes last year in the 3rd District, which spans Colorado’s Western Slope into Pueblo and southeastern Colorado. The 4th District is anchored in Douglas County and includes Loveland and the state’s rural Eastern Plains.

The 3rd District leans 9 percentage points in Republicans’ favor while the 4th District leans 27 points toward the GOP, according to a nonpartisan analysis of election results from 2016 to 2020 by staffers for the Colorado legislature. Boebert doesn’t have to live in the 4th District to represent it.

Ticks me off that u do not have to LIVE WITHIN the district.....it wasn't a brilliant move, it was save my ass
last ditch effort. U have some pretty conservative sectors here on the Western slope,she showed her TRUE self and THAT turned the tide.

28 Dec 2023 07:59 #4 by Rick

ramage wrote:

P.S. It will be instructional do see if Ken Buck supports her.

I'd give that about a 1% chance at best... that wouldn't help his resume when he moves to CNN or MSNBC

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

28 Dec 2023 14:22 - 28 Dec 2023 14:22 #5 by FredHayek
A buttoned down fiscal conservative in the 3rd will have a better chance to win against Boebert's Aspen supported former opponent. But will Lauren have a chance to win a GOP primary in the 4th? Probably not.

Will the Colorado Legislature pass a new law that requires Congressmen in the state to live in the district they represent? I hope they do. I wouldn't want a Boulder politician to represent South Park.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 Dec 2023 19:29 #6 by ramage
Well we had a democrat from Boulder representing us , Joe Neguse, until reapportionment. Then we got Brittany Petersen, who probably would like to live in Boulder.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds