TEXAS STAND-OFF

27 Jan 2024 10:45 - 27 Jan 2024 10:50 #1 by ramage
TEXAS STAND-OFF was created by ramage
The Slo Joe administration was given the green light by the SC to order the Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) to remove the concertina wire put up by the Texas National Guard to prevent illegals from crossing into Texas.
However:
BREAKING: A Senior CBP Official tells FOX:

"the relationship between Border Patrol, Texas DPS, & TMD remains strong... Bottom line: Border Patrol has no plans to remove infrastructure (c-wire) placed by Texas along the border. Our posture remains the same."
@FoxNews

For those amongst us who will decry anything emanating from FoxNews, here is the CPB statement:

Border Patrol Union - NBPC
@BPUnion
Rank-and file BP agents are not going to start arresting TX NG members for following their LAWFUL orders. That's fake news.

TX NG and rank-and-file BP agents work together and respect each other's jobs. Period. If TX NG members have LAWFUL orders, then they have to carry out those orders.

TX NG members realize that rank-and-file BP agents have their orders as well. Lawful orders, no matter how unpopular or distasteful amongst rank-and-file agents, must be followed. Unlawful orders (as determined by competent legal counsel and not what some outhouse lawyer behind a keyboard says) will not be followed.

Rank-and-file BP agents appreciate and respect what TX has been doing to defend their state in the midst of this catastrophe that the Biden Admin has unleashed on America.

We want to be perfectly clear, there is no fight between rank-and-file BP agents and the TX NG, Gov. Abott, or TX DPS. It may make flashy headlines, but it simply isn't true.

Perhaps Slo Joe and Kamala will in fact visit the border and remove the concertina wire by themselves.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jan 2024 12:17 - 27 Jan 2024 12:41 #2 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic TEXAS STAND-OFF
I just watched CNN report by Rosa Flores about the Texas US standoff. Turns out you can make a silk purse out of a sous ear.

Edit if anyone wants to find it it was part of the Frederick Whitfield CNN news room show at noon

27 Jan 2024 17:44 #3 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic TEXAS STAND-OFF
I watched Smerconish foday (can't remember if he's CNN or MSNBC)... anyway, I about fell off my chair when he actually interviewed a real conservative... Kari Lake. He was asking her why Trump didn't like the border bill being proposed and she gave a great response... basically saying it was garbage and he didn't have a whole lot to say as a retort. Anyway, I doubt she will be invited back. I'd love to see her in a debate against any Democrat.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

29 Jan 2024 20:52 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic TEXAS STAND-OFF

Why does President Biden only use executive orders to re-open up the border after President Trump was trying to close it?

Or is Joe an impotent figurehead? His handlers have to sign off on it first?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

30 Jan 2024 08:04 #5 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic TEXAS STAND-OFF
Fred, I believe this open border issue is part of Obama's "fundamental transformation of America". It should be pretty clear by now that Biden isn't in charge of anything and look for Michelle Obama to swoop in as president poopy pants is going downhill fast. The leftist media isn't showing his recent speeches other than select soundbites that are in understandable English. .

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds