Democrat Governors Fighting

22 Feb 2024 13:23 #11 by koobookie
Data from last fall - Sept 2023

www.cato.org/blog/new-census-bureau-data...low-2017-projections

New Data: Immigrant Population Is 2 Million Below 2017 Census Projections

New numbers from the Census Bureau’s mini‐​census, the American Community Survey (ACS), show that Americans had started panicking over a small increase in total immigration. The new data show that:

* the immigrant share of the U.S. population rose just 0.3 percentage points from 13.6 to 13.9 percent from July 2021 to July 2022;

* the total immigrant population—legal and illegal—grew less than 1 million during that time;

* despite the increase, the number of immigrants was nearly 2 million immigrants lower than the Census Bureau’s 2017 projection for 2022;

* over the last decade, the United States has seen the slowest growth in the immigrant share of the U.S. population since the 1960s;

* the immigrant share is growing slowly, even while the United States faces the lowest total population growth in its history.

It would be helpful, Fred, if you would post the links to the graphics that you cut & paste. I'd like to know from where you gather your information. I search, but often cannot find the data you post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Feb 2024 13:55 #12 by FredHayek
So Cato says we have 2 million less immigrants than expected in 2017. So?

What are you comfortable with for legal immigrants to add to a nation of 330 million per year? One million per year? 3 million per year?

How many asylum courts do we set up to receive three million into the US as citizens? And how many asylum applicants do we accept each year to await for a court opening? Ten million? And where do we house all those asylum applicants?

And how many illegals do we let in to work the jobs that Americans "don't want to do" anymore? 10 million a year? 5 million?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Feb 2024 14:10 #13 by koobookie
Exactly what is your fear of this immigration wave, Fred? According to your chart, which has no accreditation, since Super Joe took over for the 91 times indicted Trump, about 7.6 million immigrants have entered our country.

Let's put them to work. Employment is near an all time low. They should be able to find jobs and pay their own way. Think of the boom to the economy when all those working immigrants are buying goods & services. Think of the increase in the tax base. Think of taco trucks on every corner - oh, wait, that was the promise of the sexual predator Trump. Sorry.

Why are you so frightened of immigrants? After all, our country was built on immigration.

22 Feb 2024 19:23 #14 by FredHayek

PBS's take on the Biden Administration's record on immigration.

Attachments:

22 Feb 2024 19:31 #15 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: Exactly what is your fear of this immigration wave, Fred? According to your chart, which has no accreditation, since Super Joe took over for the 91 times indicted Trump, about 7.6 million immigrants have entered our country.

Let's put them to work. Employment is near an all time low. They should be able to find jobs and pay their own way. Think of the boom to the economy when all those working immigrants are buying goods & services. Think of the increase in the tax base. Think of taco trucks on every corner - oh, wait, that was the promise of the sexual predator Trump. Sorry.

Why are you so frightened of immigrants? After all, our country was built on immigration.

I am not in fear of legal immigration. BTW, you never gave me any numbers so you think our economy and state can absorb five million every year?

How about three million every year in legal immigration, and split that up with quotas for every nation based on population. And three million work permits handed out.

I am actually worried that the US population is in a death spiral like Japan. Right now, one out of ten Japanese are over 80. How will our seniors get by without enough young workers to take care of them?

Do you really want Colorado to absorb another million new residents every year? How expensive will that make housing?

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds