NPR Let Advocate Groups Control Coverage

16 Apr 2024 10:33 #11 by FredHayek

NPR, like Pravda, doesn't tolerate dissent. They have suspended the staff member who questioned their objectivity.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Apr 2024 14:19 #12 by ramage
No comment needed.

National Public Radio (NPR) has suspended its senior business editor Uri Berliner following remarks he made accusing the network of partisan reporting, particularly concerning its coverage of the Hunter Biden laptop story.

www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/04/npr-sen...cking-networks-bias/

16 Apr 2024 14:27 #13 by FredHayek

Shouldn't taxpayer funded news media be a little more objective? Even left wingers know NPR is leftist. Whether you can call it journalism should have also been asked.

Attachments:

16 Apr 2024 14:55 #14 by FredHayek

Attachments:

16 Apr 2024 17:16 #15 by Rick

koobookie wrote: Seriously, chill out and stop getting your information from FOX "news."

The House Republicans have all but stopped their investigation into Super Joe since all their evidence and witnesses turned out to be, well, unreliable. Remember?

No, they actually haven't stopped investigating the Biden crime family. You don't know this because your sources have no interest in finding out how that family got so rich.

BTW, do you think I should be funding NPR with my tax dollars, even though it is a 100% left wing organization with 100% Democrat employees?

Before you answer, consider another scenario where the only publicly funded news organization was occupied by 100% Republican employees with a 100% conservative viewpoint. Would you really not be at least a little bit pissed off about that?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

17 Apr 2024 11:19 #16 by koobookie
www.cnn.com/2024/04/17/media/npr-editor-resigns/index.html

NPR editor-in-chief Edith Chapin quickly pushed back against Berliner’s characterization of the outlet, telling staff in a memo that network management “strongly disagree with Uri’s assessment of the quality of our journalism and the integrity of our newsroom processes.”

“We believe that inclusion — among our staff, with our sourcing, and in our overall coverage — is critical to telling the nuanced stories of this country and our world,” she added.

Other NPR staffers publicly rejected Berliner’s assessment in social media posts.

In his resignation letter, Berliner said he did not support calls to defund NPR and that he wants to see the audio-focused outlet thrive. But he said he could not “work in a newsroom where I am disparaged by a new CEO whose divisive views confirm the very problems at NPR I cite in my Free Press.”

18 Apr 2024 08:04 #17 by Rick
The NPR staff really is delusion when they talk about “inclusion”. There is zero diversity of thought and they think people outside of their leftist bubble are idiots. Not one penny should come out of my pocket to fund that propaganda trash.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

18 Apr 2024 10:55 #18 by FredHayek
The local branch of NPR, CPR, is having problems. Donations are down, sponsorship is down. They just fired their very popular public face, Vic Vela, who is suing them for his termination.
:silly:
He is claiming they refused to accommodate his special needs because of his past drug use and STD's.

Ironic that they are being sued for not being woke enough.

To support Vic, I refuse to listen anymore. Looks like Colorado has joined my crusade.

19 Apr 2024 18:13 #19 by FredHayek

How the NPR CEO feels about how white women have historically treated African-American men?

Attachments:

20 Apr 2024 09:30 #20 by FredHayek

Your taxpayer dollars at work.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds