Inflation Declines Finally!

22 May 2024 20:41 #1 by FredHayek

Maybe students are being more selective about going to expensive schools without getting enough in scholarships or financial aid?
Or new high school graduates are waiting on going to college?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 May 2024 06:34 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Inflation Declines Finally!
Or maybe parents are seeing what kind of messed up freaks are being pumped out of those indoctrination camps. Employers are seeing the same thing so I think a college ‘education’ is going the way of our currency… devalued.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

23 May 2024 09:18 - 23 May 2024 09:20 #3 by homeagain
From what I read, students WILL BE better off going thru a ";trade school"...something that requires a
physical ability to build,weld,repair. Out sourcing the PHYSICAL trades is harder to accomplish. IN ADDITION, when things hit the fan...a degree in "traditional" training is useless.

The other part of this equation is....middle class and lower r relying on CC and THAT DEBT IS GOING HIGHER.

oh and i just read.....the affluent r NOW SHOPPING AT WALMART....to stretch their budget.

23 May 2024 09:44 #4 by FredHayek
And with AI becoming more common, trades like plumbing won't be replaced. Many starting corporate jobs will be replaced by AI. And just read in the WSJ today that corporations are reassessing whether college graduates without experience are as valuable as current workers who understand their industry.
So college graduates are taking longer than normal finding employment.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 May 2024 06:26 #5 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Inflation Declines Finally!
What should really burn all of us, on both sides, is that we are now ALL paying for college loans that Biden is using the buy votes. So just like Covid, we are paying for things that end up hurting us as a country. Although the woke mind virus is more harmful in the long term.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds