AN EXAMPLE.....actions of white supremacy

25 May 2024 07:28 #1 by homeagain
coloradosun.com/2024/05/24/native-americ...3e&mc_eid=86d8ec5269

Nearly a third of homes in the Navajo Nation — spanning 27,000 square miles (70,000 square kilometers) of Arizona, New Mexico and Utah — don’t have running water. Many homes on Hopi lands are similarly situated.

Navajo President Buu Nygren plans to sign the settlement legislation as soon as it hits his desk, likely Friday. He told The Associated Press it had been a long road to get everyone to the table and the next step will be knocking on the doors of Congress.

A century ago, tribes were left out of a landmark 1922 agreement that divided the Colorado River basin water among seven Western states. Now, the tribes are seeking water from a mix of sources: the Colorado River, the Little Colorado River, aquifers and washes on tribal lands in northeastern Arizona.

The latest settlement talks were driven in part by worsening impacts from climate change and demands on the river like those that have allowed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 May 2024 10:08 #2 by FredHayek
How do we ration the water?

And are you sure those who live on the reservation without water do so because they are denied water taps? Or they just don't care to spend the money to get hooked up?

Lots of people in Bailey choose to buy water in town rather than go into debt for an expensive well.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 May 2024 10:10 #3 by FredHayek
And if the Native Americans want hot and cold running water, they can just move into apartments off the reservation. Or do you think Caucasians will prevent them from renting an apartment?

25 May 2024 10:50 #4 by homeagain
MASSIVELY missed the point...your myopic post is the predominate problem about the topic "white supremacy",,,I suggest u go to the BIA, AND if u gain permission to do a "ride along"with a REZ POLICE u will witness first hand the level of poverty and inhumane treatment "WE' have forced upon these humans.

When people lose hope and they r essentially invisible...DRUGS AND ALCOHOL r the "go to" to feel human.
IT is beyond my comprehension that this is not understood by the majority. (whites)....U MUST FIRST,WALK A MILE IN ANOTHER'S MOCCASINS" TO UNDERSTAND.

25 May 2024 11:01 #5 by FredHayek
Amazing. The Native Americans I know got off the reservation, they work and live just like normal Americans.

Why do the ones who remain on the reservation live such lives of desperate poverty? Maybe the best thing we could do is subdivide the reservations, let the families sell off their lands and enter the 21st century. Not allowing them to sell their land traps them and leaves them in the 19th century.

25 May 2024 11:04 #6 by FredHayek
BTW, my college roommate taught at a reservation in the Badlands for twenty years, has eight kids and that many grandchildren. He finally had enough. Got a job with FEMA and moved. The tribes don't know what they are doing. It is a dead end existence.

25 May 2024 12:19 #7 by homeagain
repeatreplay.com/native-american-movies-based-on-true-stories/#

6. Impact on Native Communities:

Native American movies based on true stories have had a profound impact on Indigenous communities. They provide a sense of validation, pride, and empowerment for Native viewers who see their stories finally being told on the big screen. Moreover, these films have sparked important conversations about historical injustices, cultural appropriation, and the ongoing struggles faced by Native communities today.

7. Recognition and Awards:

As Native American movies gain recognition and critical acclaim, they have begun to receive prestigious awards and nominations. From the Academy Awards to film festivals around the world, these films have earned accolades for their artistic merit and contribution to raising awareness about Indigenous issues. This recognition not only boosts the visibility of Native American cinema but also paves the way for more diverse storytelling in the future.

AND we come full circle.....the ARTIST WHOSE WORKED WAS RECALLED IN VAIL, Lily Gladstone and her award winning performance and walking the red carpet ...DANCES WITH WOLVES (going back in time,wasn't fully understood and was panned by some critics)

YES,there exceptions and examples of climbing out of the crevice, but when a LOCAL WRITER from
Creste Butte,Colorado ..a 5th generation Coloradan writes GO AS A RIVER, about a REAL TOWN,
IOLA (flooded and obliterated, when they constructed BLUE MESA) and describes the town's attitude towards "those filthy Indians"...(.u know it was the attitude back then) the work is based on real facts and experiences,but characters r fiction)......I went to the author's interview at the library....there were several people there from that tiny town that spoke......the book was elegant and explicit at the same time. I have it in my library of books I just can not part with.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds