Biden Draining Our Stategic Oil Reserve

22 Jun 2024 10:20 #11 by Rick
That’s called Bidenomics, Fred. They go out and tell their “educated” sheep that $79 a barrel is such a great deal… like waiting for interest rates to rise before borrowing more money we will never be able to pay back. The ignorance is beyond my comprehension.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jun 2024 07:54 #12 by koobookie
When did Trump buy oil at $24? Probably during the pandemic, right? I can't google search any purchase of $24 per barrel.

Oh, BTW, if Biden had not sold SPR reserves, gasoline prices would be a lot higher and inflation would be even worse, but then that's what you boys want in order to get the felon back in the White House, so I guess, in your twisted sense of world order, it's logical.

25 Jun 2024 09:24 #13 by Rick
Rather than draining our EMERGENCY reserves, meant for emergencies, like war, he could have NOT limited oil production and refining. He could have ramped up production like Trump did which naturally brings down prices without messing with our reserves.

Supply and demand is pretty easy to understand. If you want lower prices on anything you have to increase the quantity of the products you want to lower prices on.

If the election wasn’t so close, Biden and his handlers would never try to lower gas prices because they want us all to drive EV’s.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

25 Jun 2024 09:26 #14 by koobookie
So what is it, Rick? Is inflation an emergency or not? You boys keep harping on how awful inflation is, but when Joe does something to help us all with our finances, you change your tune?

25 Jun 2024 10:01 #15 by FredHayek
Funny! The environmentalists must hate President Biden. If Joe had kept the strategic reserves as reserves instead of using the to influence an election, higher gas prices would have encouraged the sales of more EV's. Especially if gasoline had gone up to $5.
Much less pollution.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Jun 2024 12:11 #16 by Rick

koobookie wrote: So what is it, Rick? Is inflation an emergency or not? You boys keep harping on how awful inflation is, but when Joe does something to help us all with our finances, you change your tune?

So, you’re saying that the best way to lower inflation is to drain our emergency reserves?

I already told you that if you want more oil on the market to reduce costs of everything, YOU PRODUCE MORE OIL!

If you are having trouble paying your bills, is you’re first thought to drain your savings or would you instead look for ways to increase your income?

I wish you would read and respond to the actual words I’m saying instead of coming up with your own interpretations of what you believe I’m thinking.

George Orwell

25 Jun 2024 12:24 #17 by koobookie

Rick wrote: So, you’re saying that the best way to lower inflation is to drain our emergency reserves?

I already told you that if you want more oil on the market to reduce costs of everything, YOU PRODUCE MORE OIL!

If you are having trouble paying your bills, is you’re first thought to drain your savings or would you instead look for ways to increase your income?

I wish you would read and respond to the actual words I’m saying instead of coming up with your own interpretations of what you believe I’m thinking.

Butt Rick, oil production in our country is at an all time high.
www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=61545

One way to lower inflation caused by the pandemic is to lower the cost of gasoline. You're for lower inflation, right? So, it was actually an astute move for Biden to release oil and help consumers.

BTW - the oil was SOLD in a competitive bidding process. You do know that, right? Then, the government will buy more oil to replenish the SPR oil sold. In fact - the government has been replenishing the supply, so what's your worry? Higher production, replenishing the SPR. It's all good.

25 Jun 2024 15:05 #18 by FredHayek
In an old interview, Senator Obama wanted to make gasoline a minimum of $5 a gallon to decrease pollution and non-essential travel.

He memoryholed that idea once he started running for President.

The Democrat Party are going to have to make some tough choices coming up. Do they support climate change Zero emissions goals or will they prefer to continue winning elections? Honolulu just decided to fine fossil fuels producers hundreds of millions of dollars for making the world too hot. Don't you have to also fine the users?

ExxonMobil and others should add one dollar or more to the price of your gallon and mark it as "local fines and taxes".

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Jun 2024 07:07 #19 by Rick
The left never understands how punishing energy producers ALWAYS hurts the consumer more than the energy companies. Slow learners… the nicest way I can put it.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds