Teachers Union cost Colorado $175 million in education funds

27 Aug 2010 01:00 #11 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote: Ohhh..A 175 million dollars...Scary

Taxpayers in Colorado will pay $2.6 billion for proposed total Iraq and Afghanistan war spending in FY2011. For the same amount of money, the following could have been provided: 43,934 Elementary School Teachers for One Year

Once again
http://www.nationalpriorities.org/trade ... +Trade+Off

And once again, thanks for the link. It shows exactly how much teh stimulus cost us per citizen too. And how much each bailout cost us per citizen. And how much the healthcare bill will cost us per citizen. So you add those 4 up and we could have 4 times those numbers if we wouldn't have flushed those trillions down the toilet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Aug 2010 01:03 #12 by The Viking

hillfarmer wrote: Come on, cut the hyperbole. The key reason we did not get funding was because our model of local contral is so different from what you see in states back east that the people scoring the application could not understand how effective auditing and control could be exercised here.

Nope. I talked to one of the head accountants at the Governors office today and they know they had it had the teachers union been on board. They all know it and it is not creating a huge rift. Lets see them ask for more money now after making suer that the state lost out on this money. If it were up to me i would go the the union to suck egss! I would tell them that I will give the all the grant money we got from the Race to the top program. Which now thanks to them is nothing. So they need to stop asking for anything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds