Generalizations

31 Aug 2010 00:24 #1 by Local_Historian
How about we stuff them away somewhere, eh?

I'm awfully sick of this "liberals" and "conservatives" and "teabaggers" and whatever else being said to "Always" do certain things, believe certain ways. I doubt I'm the only one.

People don't and aren't "always" just one thing - not even the dead(they're dead, but they are fertilizer, or pollution, or living on in another realm, or , or, or.). Some people might have a more liberal stance on one thing, but be highly conservative on many other things.

Stuff the stereotypes, stop using them as weapons to put down someone you don't know, don't understand and are clearly unwilling to get to know to realize that very few people are so black and white.

Debate your side, but use your brains and come up with a new way to say it. Clearly very intelligent people here, so let's see it.

Consider it a challenge to your intellect to come up with a new way to talk about people that isn't immediately degrading.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Aug 2010 06:32 #2 by ShilohLady
Replied by ShilohLady on topic Generalizations
:yeahthat: Very well said!

31 Aug 2010 06:33 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Generalizations
:goodpost:

31 Aug 2010 06:57 #4 by Whatevergreen
Replied by Whatevergreen on topic Generalizations

Local_Historian wrote: Debate your side, but use your brains and come up with a new way to say it. Clearly very intelligent people here, so let's see it.

Consider it a challenge to your intellect to come up with a new way to talk about people that isn't immediately degrading.

That would be nice. Original thought and creativity are lacking in many of these topics. It is very difficult to discuss an issue with person when they cannot call the words they use their own and are stuck in what their 'Party" would want them to say.

31 Aug 2010 07:03 #5 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Generalizations

Local_Historian wrote: How about we stuff them away somewhere, eh?

I'm awfully sick of this "liberals" and "conservatives" and "teabaggers" and whatever else being said to "Always" do certain things, believe certain ways. I doubt I'm the only one.

People don't and aren't "always" just one thing - not even the dead(they're dead, but they are fertilizer, or pollution, or living on in another realm, or , or, or.). Some people might have a more liberal stance on one thing, but be highly conservative on many other things.

Stuff the stereotypes, stop using them as weapons to put down someone you don't know, don't understand and are clearly unwilling to get to know to realize that very few people are so black and white.

Debate your side, but use your brains and come up with a new way to say it. Clearly very intelligent people here, so let's see it.

I'm with you on this. I've hardly posted any more as I'm apolitical and most everything is politically tainted. Yawn. What gets me most is various posters simply attacking without a trace of information or even intelligent discussion. As you noted. stereotyping is in vogue. Ugh.

I've read some threads and every now and then there is very informative information there. Mostly, my eyes glaze over with the redundant diatribe, opinions based on questionable information, even dismissive attacks made against people who post first hand information. How can anyone dismiss that because their opinion differs?

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds