SC Agency Finds 35 Illegal Workers At School Sites

31 Aug 2010 21:19 #1 by Travelingirl
'State Sen. Larry Martin said it was unacceptable for local property taxes to pay the salaries of illegal workers when so many South Carolinians are out of work. The state's jobless rate was 10.8 percent in July.

"The taxpayers of Pickens County are paying a hefty sum in taxes to provide for those school buildings, and the taxpayers expect and ought to expect those buildings be built by legal employees," said Martin, R-Pickens. "

Good! That's 35 job openings for unemployed Americans.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Aug 2010 21:57 #2 by Wayne Harrison
A link would be nice.

35 illegals at a construction site. That doesn't seem out of the ordinary, but the unknown quantity is "Out of how many workers?"

I bet you could easily find 35 illegals at most construction sites. This isn't going to change unless we start coming down hard on the people that employ them. I have heard some employers like to hire illegals because they get get a month's work out of them, and before paying them, call ICE and then they don't have to pay them.

31 Aug 2010 23:10 #3 by LadyJazzer
Duh! Alert the media!! 35?!?!? (Out of approximately 12 million?...Whoa! Who knew...)

01 Sep 2010 00:21 #4 by Travelingirl
It's a start! And probably a big deal to the American workers who'll get those jobs.

01 Sep 2010 06:47 #5 by outdoor338
There are alot of american construction workers who need these jobs, go after those that hire and start sending them back, get the border wall up!

01 Sep 2010 07:12 #6 by FredHayek
And Colorado schools are letting felons work with kids...

Sad that so many are looking for jobs, but the crimminals get them instead.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds