Attn: Republican Voters

07 Sep 2010 20:08 #1 by FredHayek
Who have you decide to vote for Governor?

Maes, who looks unprepared.
Tancredo, who has the goverment experience but is no longer in the GOP.
Hickenlooper, the most experienced for an executive job, but will rule to the Left of Ritter.

I was going to support Maes, but the more I see, the more I think I will vote for Tancredo.
I think it will take decades for Colorado to recover from Hickenlooper and a left leaning statehouse.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Sep 2010 20:10 #2 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Attn: Republican Voters
Typical choice, lessor of 3 evils. Hick is the least worse.

08 Sep 2010 10:21 #3 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Attn: Republican Voters
What about the other candidates running? http://www.uselections.com/co/co.htm
http://www.jaimesbrowncoloradogovernor2010.com/
http://www.jasonclarkforgovernor.com/

While I don't agree with everything in his platform (and wouldn't expect to), I like Jason Clark's ideas. Plus, he's a West Point grad and his Lt. Gov, Victoria Adams, is a former marine (according to their website, no quick confirmation found).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Sep 2010 18:24 #4 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Attn: Republican Voters
Sooo the rest of the candidates are just chopped liver...?

Curious that no one's expressed an opinion on the other candidates out there and there's only 2 votes for "Write-in" (one of 'em being mine). If we're all so sick of the incumbents, I was guessing that there'd be more support for non-traditional candidates, especially one who's against national healthcare, is for tax cuts and supporting small businesses, cutting spending, reducing debt, and shrinking government, among other things.
1. Haven't researched them yet? Or haven't decided yet?
2. Made up your mind already cuz you already enthusiastically support someone else?
3. Don't care cuz we're all screwed anyway?
4. It's not worth expressing an opinion on, or you want to keep it private?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Sep 2010 21:03 #5 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Attn: Republican Voters
SC, I'm going with 2 and a hint of 3. Tancredo will do something more than talk about illegal immigration or make us a santuary state. The full negative impact of the illegals isn't really understood yet, hopefully further into the race things will become clearer to those thinking its all okay. Not sure if the truely blind faithful can ever see the truth and vote accordingly though.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds