Let's stop playing into bin Laden's hands

13 Sep 2010 16:07 #11 by Grady

RCCL wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: You just don't get it- Weve been in their sh** for years, and the first time they retaliate you act like were under attack. You know all about the crimes of others but you no nothing about our crimes...You're ignorant

I see you and Ward Churchill must have a lot in common, huh?

Why would you go bad mouthing Ward Churchill? :lol: :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Sep 2010 18:45 #12 by Renaud
Useful Idiots

Ted Koppel's article stimulated quite a bit of discussion. Ted is a contributing analyst for BBC World News America, and went online Monday, Sept. 13, at 2 p.m. ET to discuss his Outlook article; "Nine years after 9/11, let's stop playing into bin Laden's hands."

One of the questions he was asked referred to statements made by Soviet "President" Vladimir Lenin. Lenin was before my time but I remember Nikita Khrushchev putting the same expressions into his own words.

Along with Koppel I see great wisdom in the reference.and how the term "useful idiots" applies to some of the most outspoken angry Americans. (I believe that) the effectiveness of our response to terror is destroyed by allowing anger, rather than sensibility, the shots.

Here is the question, and Ted's response.

Question:
Tampa, FL: Are the people stirring up hatred of Muslims acting on behalf of bin Laden as what Lenin called "useful idiots"?

Lenin wrote that capitalism would provide Communism with all the tools it needed because capitalist's "useful idiots" would sell whatever they could to make a profit. Here we have people who will give bin Laden all the help he needs because they will reap short-term political gain.

Further, in a recent Post chat, Prof. Esposito of Georgetown wrote that bin Laden would hate the Park Place mosque, would hate its backers and consider them traitors to Islam, and would kill them to stop the center. He can't stop it himself, but he has "useful idiots" here working on his behalf.

That's how I see it.

Answer:
Ted Koppel: Certainly those who (in your words) "are stirring up hatred of Muslims" are useful to the ends of Osama bin Laden. He would like nothing better than to move the entire Muslim world into opposition with the Judeo-Christian world. Those who assume that all Muslims are sympathetic to the goals of al-Qaeda are not well informed, and are helping the very forces they seek to defeat.

13 Sep 2010 19:23 - 13 Sep 2010 19:30 #13 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Let's stop playing into bin Laden's hands

SS109 wrote: Al Quaida hates us for many things, and even if we stopped 90% of them, they would still attack us because of something we did decades ago. Even that poor Euro cartoonist is still hiding out.

Oh please you coward..It's a street gang..We got the biggest military in the world, we spend more on weapons security than the rest of the world combined and you're still sitting here in Bailey Colorado scared of a street gang 10,000 miles away?

GTFOOH

As a fellow American you embarass me- I chose to save the 2 trillion we spend on security and defense ever year and just take my chances with "the Terrorists"

I'm not afraid of them

13 Sep 2010 19:27 #14 by UNDER MODERATION

RCCL wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: You just don't get it- Weve been in their sh** for years, and the first time they retaliate you act like were under attack. You know all about the crimes of others but you no nothing about our crimes...You're ignorant

Brilliant deduction there Sherlock.

13 Sep 2010 20:31 - 14 Sep 2010 07:04 #15 by FredHayek
Lenin's useful idiots were capitalists who would sell us the rope used to hand them. Stalins useful idiots were the Leftists who gave the USSR the bomb and spied for the Russians in both the US state department and Britain's intelligence community.

Osama's useful idiots could also be the Coexisters who would be the first to get their head loped off for being homosexual or feminists or even not dressing modestly enough.

And while the Arab terrorists seem to be all talk, no action, and general incompetence (underwear bomber anyone?) since few new domestic terrorist attacks have succeeded, part of this is that their fighters are choosing to defend the Middle East over attacking the US. And I would prefer to see them attack the hard targets in Iraq & Afghanistan over the soft targets in Disneyland.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Sep 2010 06:39 #16 by RCCL

Vice Lord wrote:

RCCL wrote:

Brilliant deduction there Sherlock.

WAIT!

I'm finally putting it all together!

Weird and zany.... boasting and a high propensity to make things up (as proved time and again by Wayne)...

You ARE Ward Churchill, aren't you!

Ha! Caught you now! :woo hoo:

And thank you, Sherlock Holmes is my favorite detective!

14 Sep 2010 18:52 #17 by UNDER MODERATION
How many detectives do you know?

15 Sep 2010 20:04 #18 by RCCL

Vice Lord wrote: How many detectives do you know?

Can we count Literatechs? If so then that adds two more, though I suppose really It would go from Holmes to Haverhsam if we're talking about literatechs as detectives.... but I suppose they are, aren't they?

What was the topic again?

15 Sep 2010 20:09 #19 by UNDER MODERATION
Don't try so hard to be clever, you're either naturally clever or you're not, and you're not..

15 Sep 2010 20:49 - 06 Oct 2010 09:25 #20 by RCCL

Vice Lord wrote: Don't try so hard to be clever, you're either naturally clever or you're not, and you're not..

Thanks Ward! I'll keep that in mind :)

Oh, and check out Jasper Fforde's "Thursday Next" series, it's a great set of books! (Where the literatechs come from :wink: )

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds