I'm not joking around now

16 Sep 2010 18:57 #1 by UNDER MODERATION
I'm not joking around now was created by UNDER MODERATION
8:00 pm MST Tonight- the History Channel International (271 0n Directv) presents: The Crumbling of America

Why is our infrastructure in such bad shape? Why are we turning into a 3rd world country? Because ALL our money goes the the "Military industrial complex", and what do we get for all that money? A lot of obsolete weapons with ludicrous price tags. It's time we invest in us for a change my friends..Wake up!.

Must see
[youtube:2k6mx1gs]
[/youtube:2k6mx1gs]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Sep 2010 19:48 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic I'm not joking around now
I think you can see by the numbers that our military is spending less than our infrastructure. And most of the military spending is spent here, and this will just increase as the wars in Iraq & Afghanistan wind down. And military weapons are one of our biggest export successes.

I just think too much of the infrastructure spending is being wasted. How often do you see them repairing roads that were rebuilt only 3 years ago. And you must drive 285, seems like a lots on infrasturcture improvement going on there.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Sep 2010 22:17 - 17 Sep 2010 00:14 #3 by Spykster
Replied by Spykster on topic I'm not joking around now

Vice Lord wrote: 8:00 pm MST Tonight- the History Channel International (271 0n Directv) presents: The Crumbling of Vice Lord
Why is our Vice Lord in such bad shape? Why are we turning into a Vice Lord country? Because ALL our money goes the the "Military industrial complex", and what do we get for all that money? A lot of obsolete weapons with ludicrous price tags.

Gee...Hellfire missles, Cruise Missles, and the stealthy platforms that successfully deliver them, Abrams Tanks, Nuclear Aircraft Carriers and Submarines... :soldiers: :fwave: :flag: :usa: :soldiers: the list is endless...You know vl, these allegedly obsolete weapons keep you safe at night, and give you the right/permission to act like an anal aperture. If you want more money spent on you...get a better edumacation, and get a job that pays substantially more then the minimum wage...Point of fact...My base pay when I retired was $63.00/hour (1994). I doubt it if you can count that high...

16 Sep 2010 22:55 #4 by Local_Historian
You know, on this one, I agree with you.

17 Sep 2010 00:15 #5 by Spykster
Replied by Spykster on topic I'm not joking around now

Local_Historian wrote: You know, on this one, I agree with you.

I have to live up to my avatar... :biggrin:

17 Sep 2010 10:35 #6 by PrintSmith
You have obviously not looked at the federal budget recently VL. If you had you would have seen that the largest portion of the federal spending is dedicated to the so called "mandatory" spending items that represent the social welfare programs that generations of progressives have saddled the taxpayer with. You could eliminate the entirety of the "discretionary" budget items, including the Department of Defense, the EPA, the Department of Education, Department of Transportation, Agriculture, Interior - basically every cabinet level department of the federal government and have roughly $200 billion in surplus above what the federal government realized from all the taxes it has levied and collected after paying for the mandatory budget items and the interest on the national debt. Using every dime of that $200 billion surplus annually to pay down the principle on the $14+ Trillion national debt would allow us to pay it off in roughly 70 years.

Where has the money to maintain the infrastructure gone? Social welfare programs.

17 Sep 2010 21:31 #7 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic I'm not joking around now

Vice Lord wrote: 8:00 pm MST Tonight- the History Channel International (271 0n Directv) presents: The Crumbling of America

Why is our infrastructure in such bad shape? Why are we turning into a 3rd world country? Because ALL our money goes the the "Military industrial complex", and what do we get for all that money? A lot of obsolete weapons with ludicrous price tags. It's time we invest in us for a change my friends..Wake up!.

Must see
[youtube:1tog1745]

[/youtube:1tog1745]

you seem to have a problem with the military. You constantly run your mouth about things you know nothing about. So I am going to help you. Look at the chart and you can even change it to the different departments to see the spending. Defense spending is a small slit of the spending.
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/dow ... =c&local=s

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds