Obama Rallies Black Supporters at Lawmakers' Gala

18 Sep 2010 14:51 #1 by Nmysys
I found the last comment to be most interesting!!

Obama Rallies Black Supporters at Lawmakers' Gala

Published September 18, 2010

| Associated Press

President Obama is hoping that black voters don't stand on the sidelines when Democrats need all the election help they can get this year.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/18/obama-rallies-black-supporters-lawmakers-gala/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Sep 2010 15:08 #2 by LadyJazzer

Nmysys wrote: President Obama is hoping that black voters don't stand on the sidelines when Democrats need all the election help they can get this year.

Wow... That's profound... Stupifying, even... Someone should alert the Media!! Black voters?...not standing on the sidelines and voting?!?! Who knew?!?!?

:VeryScared:

18 Sep 2010 15:10 #3 by Nmysys
Click on the link and if you really can read, you will actually see that the last line of the WHOLE article is actually interesting. Maybe not to you Drama Queen, but to the rational, logical, lucid readers of this forum, maybe.

18 Sep 2010 15:13 #4 by LadyJazzer
If you mean the part about:

Rangel, a 40-year House veteran, won renomination Tuesday in a crowded Democratic field in his Harlem district in New York City. Facing 13 ethics counts, Rangel has vigorously fought the charges, shrugging off pleas from fellow Democrats -- including Obama -- to consider stepping aside.

When Obama told an interviewer he hoped Rangel could "end his career with dignity," the lawmaker snapped that the president hasn't been around "long enough to determine what my dignity is."

Jeez, that's 2 weeks old... Was that your "gotcha-of-the-day"? Yeah, if Rangel is guilty, he should get whatever he's got coming to him.

18 Sep 2010 15:16 #5 by Nmysys
Read just the last paragraph. I wasn't referring to Rangel, just the reply at the end.

18 Sep 2010 15:17 #6 by LadyJazzer
What I just quoted IS the "last paragraph"... Perhaps you should read your own quoted article.

18 Sep 2010 15:20 #7 by Nmysys
I thought that there sure is a lot of disrespect for the President from his own party, and member of the Black Caucus.

I found that to not only be an interesting fact, but also proof that the Democratic Party also has dissension in its ranks, especially after Rangel won his primary. What is happening to the party of Hope and Change, pray tell??

18 Sep 2010 15:22 #8 by LadyJazzer
Jeez, you are reading "War & Peace" into a comment about letting "Rangel retire with dignity"...

Let me know when you get to the part where Dorothy returns to OZ... You're grasping at straws there, Sparky...

18 Sep 2010 16:08 #9 by Nmysys
It doesn't look to me that Rangel is preparing for retirement at all since he just won the primary.

How does War and Peace and Alice in Wonderland apply to the same comment, Drama Queen?

18 Sep 2010 20:29 #10 by navycpo7

Nmysys wrote: I thought that there sure is a lot of disrespect for the President from his own party, and member of the Black Caucus.

I found that to not only be an interesting fact, but also proof that the Democratic Party also has dissension in its ranks, especially after Rangel won his primary. What is happening to the party of Hope and Change, pray tell??

Take a hard look at the republican party, no difference

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds