Lying to Congress!!! Who would know?

22 Sep 2010 07:39 #1 by Nmysys
"While driving home yesterday, I was taken aback when I heard that baseball great, Roger Clemens, is being indicted for lying to Congress and could go to prison for 30 years. This email is by no means a defense of lying or a defense of the use of steroids; but I found it absolutely incredible, when I heard the words, “lying to Congress.” I actually found myself laughing. Was the announcer talking about the same Congress that we now have in Washington ?

I am having a difficult time wrapping my mind around the picture of Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Maxine Waters, Charlie Rangel, and countless others, whose names escape me now, who are congressmen and women sitting in judgment of someone who lied about taking steroids, when they lie, deceive, and steal from us every day. Are we talking about the same folks who don’t report all of their earnings, don’t pay their taxes, or who feather their own nests, or that of their spouses, with government contracts, sitting in judgment of Roger Clemens? Please clarify for me…are we talking about the same people who, by the sin of omission, allow our borders to be a sieve and who wage war against the state of Arizona for trying to protect its citizens? Surely I am mistaken, that we’re not talking about the likes of Nancy Pelosi (who wants to investigate 911 families), or anyone else who is opposed to the victory mosque on ground zero, but will not investigate who is funding the mosque.

Congress should be indicted by the American people! If we cannot throw them in jail for 30 years, then we need to throw them out of office forever, and push for term limits. Every day I get more incensed at the absolute disdain our “public servants” have for us - for you and me, the American people.

I can’t tell you what to do; but I just had to do something to get this subject out, and discussed, in the clear light of day.

I will be praying. I will write my congressmen, and then wait for their form letters (on the supplies that we have paid for), which will undoubtedly ignore everything I said in my letters to them. I heard a quote on, Turning Point, Monday morning, related to illness; and it was something like: “don’t deny the diagnosis, but defy the verdict.” I think we can all diagnose what is wrong with our country; but please don’t sit quietly by and accept the verdict."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Sep 2010 07:45 #2 by HEARTLESS
My reason for calling them the "elected elite" or "elected royalty", they don't live by the rules they impose on us serfs.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

22 Sep 2010 07:45 #3 by Wayne Harrison
Apparently this is today's conservative talking point. The same cut-and-paste job is posted on a host of forums In case you didn't get today's talking point memo, here's a link to the forums so you can cut and paste the same thing somewhere else and make it look like it's your independent conclusion.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=%22d ... 6&ie=UTF-8

22 Sep 2010 07:49 #4 by Nmysys
I actually just thought it was a bit of humor to antagonize you Wayne.

It is quite ironic though isn't it. Lying to the liars.

22 Sep 2010 07:52 #5 by LadyJazzer
Nmsys wouldn't know an original thought if it bit him in the ass... He has no independent thought so he has to rely on cut-and-paste outrage-of-the-day from the blogs & chain-emails... Pooor baby...

:indifferent: :Snooze

22 Sep 2010 07:55 #6 by Nmysys
It woke all you guys up didn't it? I see none of you deny the premise of it, just the usual attack on me. Are you ready now for the tough one??? :bash

22 Sep 2010 07:55 #7 by Wayne Harrison
I tend to think of Congress as an institution of our American government. It is bigger than the members. Just as the presidency is bigger than any one president.

In that respect, I think of it as lying to an American institution -- an arm of the federal government.

The opinion also appears to give Roger Clemens a pass for his behavior of lying under oath, something I don't think he should get.

22 Sep 2010 08:07 #8 by Nmysys
I agree about that, but isn't lying now an institution? Its all according to what the meaning of is, is. I did not have sex with that woman!!!!

Lying is only lying when it fits your agenda, isn't that the truth? Oh how do we get the truth????

22 Sep 2010 08:12 #9 by Wayne Harrison
In this case, Clemens testified under oath he didn't take steroids... then later admitted he did. He was caught red handed.

In Clinton's case, he got off easy. He lied to the American people and I believe he lied in a deposition. I find it amazing that his reputation has recovered such that both he has a high favorable rating in national polls -- ahead of the current president.

22 Sep 2010 08:25 #10 by The Dude
Bush, Iraq, WMD's... just a few things that came to mind when I saw the title of this thread.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds