Some important events

06 Oct 2010 15:44 #11 by Bailey Patriots
STOP GOVERNMENT GREED!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Oct 2010 16:24 #12 by RivendaleFarms
I'm still trying to figure out who came up with the word "cafetorium."

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

06 Oct 2010 16:33 #13 by Bailey Patriots
It's where FOOD GOES TO DIE!!! rofllol rofllol

06 Oct 2010 17:13 #14 by RivendaleFarms
Snort.

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

07 Oct 2010 08:25 #15 by BearMtnHIB
Replied by BearMtnHIB on topic Some important events
A friend brought up an important point to me yesterday- since the high school will not allow the tea party to hold any meetings at the school facility, do these pro-tax propaganda meetings compensate the taxpayers for the use of the facilities?

Since the taxpayers paid for the facility- we should at least be compensated for the time our facility is rented and the electricity for the lights and heat.

They get to use our facility to rail against citizen initiated ballot measures and we taxpayers flip the bill for their propaganda.

07 Oct 2010 08:33 #16 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Some important events
Another misuse of public funding, which is the purpose behind passing these amendments. We don't want to change our form of government, just how they use our tax dollars.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

07 Oct 2010 10:40 #17 by BearMtnHIB
Replied by BearMtnHIB on topic Some important events
Since the entire discussion about the latest proposal to create a special tax district for the "Conifer recreation district" was "eliminated" on another site (starts with "pine" and ends with "cam") - I want to post my opinion about the creation of a special district.

The "friends of Conifer recreation district" now are proposing a new tax district for the Conifer recreation district, the latest meeting to be held tonight. The latest effort states that no mill levy tax will be involved, just the creation of the district.

There is only one purpose for creating a special district- and that is to TAX. Don't buy into the argument that no mill levies will be involved- this step of creating the district gets them down the road to an eventual mill levy tax for the Recreation District.

If you vote to create this new tax district, you will be paying new taxes for it before you know it. One a special district is created- it will never go away - and the taxes you pay will be increased year after year.

The best way to protect this new tax from happening - is to prevent the special district from being created in the first place.

07 Oct 2010 11:21 #18 by daisypusher
Replied by daisypusher on topic Some important events
A good question is what Colorado Statute authorizes the creation of the rec district they wish to have. This will outline the power(s) they would/could have.

07 Oct 2010 11:22 #19 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Some important events
On this we agree... The only reason for creating a special district is to tax later. I voted the last three attempts down, and I will vote against this one as well.

They keep trotting this one out year after year... Hopefully, they will figure out that it isn't wanted up here.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds