MOVIE REVIEW

30 May 2010 09:55 #11 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic MOVIE REVIEW

CinnamonGirl wrote:

I meant to put that in tiny letters, like a whisper, I fixed it

Way too late, I am afraid.

Well....... were all family here, right? So there's no such thing as TMI

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 May 2010 09:57 #12 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic MOVIE REVIEW

Vice Lord wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Yes there is.... :can't hear

30 May 2010 10:08 #13 by UNDER MODERATION

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Yes there is.... :can't hear

It's a normal bodily function CG :chillpill:

30 May 2010 10:12 #14 by CinnamonGirl
Do you discuss the info you give out on your little precious? And I am serious. Not making fun of her. I am in awe of her being able to handle you.

30 May 2010 10:14 #15 by CinnamonGirl
Back on Topic. I hate Michael Moore. His tactics, movies and motives are self serving and are not informational. It is all skewed by his silly tactics.

30 May 2010 14:12 #16 by UNDER MODERATION

CinnamonGirl wrote: Back on Topic. I hate Michael Moore. His tactics, movies and motives are self serving and are not informational. It is all skewed by his silly tactics.

Hey, "hate" is a strong word, are you sure you want to use it?

30 May 2010 14:14 #17 by UNDER MODERATION

CinnamonGirl wrote: Do you discuss the info you give out on your little precious? And I am serious. Not making fun of her. I am in awe of her being able to handle you.

Hey, don't tell anybody, but I think (although she won't do it around me) my wife goes to the bathroom every morning too.

Activiaaaaaa!

30 May 2010 14:19 #18 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic MOVIE REVIEW

Vice Lord wrote:

CinnamonGirl wrote: Do you discuss the info you give out on your little precious? And I am serious. Not making fun of her. I am in awe of her being able to handle you.

Hey, don't tell anybody, but I think (although she won't do it around me) my wife goes to the bathroom every morning too.

Activiaaaaaa!

Dude, again with the :TMI: :biggrin:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

30 May 2010 23:22 #19 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic MOVIE REVIEW
Hey VL! Where's your review?

I wasn't really interested in seeing it, until I read this review in Sept '09 by one of my favorite reviewers on THE fanboy movie news site, aintitcoolnews.com (my main source of knowledge of all things fun and entertaining). I have it in my Netflix queue but haven't gotten to it yet. I'm pasting an excerpt, but I highly, highly, highly recommend reading the whole thing - he brings up great points about corporate media, politicians, and suits as well. And he points out the flaws of the movie, as well as its strengths - it is a very thoughtful, balanced, eloquently written essay.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42457
Our resident Republican and lifelong Capitalist Massawyrm waxes political about Michael Moore's CAPITALISM: A LOVE STORY

And I think: what the world needs now is a hero; what the world needs now is Michael Moore.

No, not that Michael Moore: not the Michael Moore that campaigns for democrats and long ago traded away his credibility for a seat at the table.

No, we need 1989 Michael Moore, the Michael Moore who made ROGER & ME, a film so powerful that high school economics teachers used it as a teaching tool throughout the 90s’ (which is how I first was exposed to Moore’s films.) We need 1996 Michael Moore, the man who wrote DOWNSIZE THIS and made a film in which he lambasted ALL the political candidates in what he called a contest of “the evil of two lessers.”

The film is Moore’s grand thesis – and his best, most powerful and most important work since ROGER & ME. This isn’t just an issue movie. It’s not about wild stunts or Moore being in front of the camera. It is about a profound sickness killing this country and its people.

And the sad part is that there are very few flaws here. The film is funny, heartbreaking and ultimately enraging. It makes you want to get up out of your seat and DO SOMETHING.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds