When Does a Citizenry Choose Rebellion?

12 Oct 2010 09:27 #11 by Jonathan Hemlock
A French gentleman named Alexis de Tocqueville back in about 1840, found it quite remarkable that in America, everywhere he turned, the American people were discussing the politics of their time and the laws of their nation. He believed this remarkable trait of the American people would be the strength that sustains our form of self-governance. This was in spite of the many in Europe who believed the experiment would ultimately fail because, all power was not vested in a single monarch.

I believe that Americans have been lulled into believing that our rights were secure through our representatives, and are further preserved by the founding documents. So, it was therefore unlikely that we would ever lose our rights.

It has become apparent that we must once again become actively involved in our own governance. We must watch and listen and make sure our elected reps are in fact doing what we asked them to do. If they are not, we need to write them, call them, and even protest at our State Capitols. There is no room for crooked, deceitful, self-promoting politicians, who may also be working contrary to our constitution, within our representative government.

Only we can ensure our fair representation and only we can elect, re-elect or remove those in office in order to preserve fair representation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Oct 2010 09:37 #12 by Blazer Bob

Jonathan Hemlock wrote: A French gentleman named Alexis de Tocqueville back in about 1840, found it quite remarkable that in America, everywhere he turned, the American people were discussing the politics of their time and the laws of their nation. He believed this remarkable trait of the American people would be the strength that sustains our form of self-governance. This was in spite of the many in Europe who believed the experiment would ultimately fail because, all power was not vested in a single monarch.

I believe that Americans have been lulled into believing that our rights were secure through our representatives, and are further preserved by the founding documents. So, it was therefore unlikely that we would ever lose our rights.

It has become apparent that we must once again become actively involved in our own governance. We must watch and listen and make sure our elected reps are in fact doing what we asked them to do. If they are not, we need to write them, call them, and even protest at our State Capitols. There is no room for crooked, deceitful, self-promoting politicians, who may also be working contrary to our constitution, within our representative government.

Only we can ensure our fair representation and only we can elect, re-elect or remove those in office in order to preserve fair representation.

EXACTLY. I have posted this before, but I think it is worth repeating, BAD DOG.

"2. Hold your newly elected politician's feet to the fire the first time he breaks ranks on a key vote. He is like a puppy. When he leaves a mess on the carpet, get out the switch. "Bad dog! Bad dog!" Let him remember that switch"................

http://www.garynorth.com/public/6827.cfm

12 Oct 2010 10:39 #13 by Martin Ent Inc
I still like tar and feathers.

12 Oct 2010 11:23 #14 by Nmysys
SS109:

Since the numbers show that it is but a small majority of the left that is actually pushing this extreme agenda on us, and since the majority of Americans are very upset over the direction this country has been heading, IMHO the nonviolent rebellion I referred to earlier should suffice, though the caution you stated may be a valid point, the rebellion that started this country toward the path of freedom was also warned against. There were then as there is now, those who would do nothing, but Liberty is not free.

13 Oct 2010 07:16 #15 by Jonathan Hemlock
Having our elected officials under constant srutiny is already bringing the results we want. They are now being made to think twice before ramming legislation down our throats. That's an improvement, if you ask me. :Crying:

We need to keep the pressure on them because they think our current interest is fleeting and many in the Conservative Movement will go away after the next election cycle in 2014. Hmmmm! I don't think so. :bash

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds