Mass. Senate Passes Toughest Anti-Immigrant Law in Country

02 Jun 2010 08:12 #11 by netdude
It's is sad that it has come to having to carry your passport AS A LEGAL US CITIZEN just to avoid being detained... what is even sadder is how many are OK with it.... "it does not affect me" seems to be their head in the sand answer to that one....

Again as has been stated by many left leaning folks... we are all for cracking down on illegals... and as archer has SO eloquently stated, and repeated, we need to take away the reason they come here... JOBS. If you get companies/corporations to quit hiring them ILLEGALLY... you WILL see a sharp decrease in border crossings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jun 2010 11:16 #12 by The Viking

netdude wrote: Again as has been stated by many left leaning folks... we are all for cracking down on illegals... and as archer has SO eloquently stated, and repeated, we need to take away the reason they come here... JOBS. If you get companies/corporations to quit hiring them ILLEGALLY... you WILL see a sharp decrease in border crossings.

Agreed and I hope more states follow Massachusetts lead. Huge fines for people who help with fake ID's and for companies who hire known illegal immigrants will put a very fast stop to this.

02 Jun 2010 12:18 #13 by netdude

The Viking wrote:

netdude wrote: Again as has been stated by many left leaning folks... we are all for cracking down on illegals... and as archer has SO eloquently stated, and repeated, we need to take away the reason they come here... JOBS. If you get companies/corporations to quit hiring them ILLEGALLY... you WILL see a sharp decrease in border crossings.

Agreed and I hope more states follow Massachusetts lead. Huge fines for people who help with fake ID's and for companies who hire known illegal immigrants will put a very fast stop to this.

If we boil many issues down (by boiling down I mean removing the left/right rhetoric/partisan BS), many on this forum are much closer than what it seems sometimes. There will always be a few issues that we just won't agree on, that is OK... but I think we are closer on more than we are not.

02 Jun 2010 12:54 #14 by The Viking

netdude wrote:

The Viking wrote:

If we boil many issues down (by boiling down I mean removing the left/right rhetoric/partisan BS), many on this forum are much closer than what it seems sometimes. There will always be a few issues that we just won't agree on, that is OK... but I think we are closer on more than we are not.

I agree. I think a few things that the two sides will never come together on are the number of social programs, taxing those who create jobs to give money to those that get laid off by those companies that are overtaxed, :bash (wealth distribution), and what things government should be involved in. I think one side agrees they are best left to military, infrastructure, and some social programs and the other wants the governement much more involved in more areas of their life.

02 Jun 2010 12:54 #15 by The Viking
But I think you are right, we all would be a lot closer on issues if there were not a D or and R behind our names.

02 Jun 2010 13:55 #16 by Grady
As I understand it, a passport is not required, any form of legal government ID is supposed to be acceptable. IE driver’s license, state issued ID card, Federal issued ID card, etc.
Agreed this is not the best way to attack the illegal problem, the best way is to cut off the jobs, and the benefits. No more catch and release. Deport every illegal convicted of any crime, and make re-entering after deportation a felony with some serious consequences.

02 Jun 2010 14:38 #17 by The Viking

Grady wrote: As I understand it, a passport is not required, any form of legal government ID is supposed to be acceptable. IE driver’s license, state issued ID card, Federal issued ID card, etc.
Agreed this is not the best way to attack the illegal problem, the best way is to cut off the jobs, and the benefits. No more catch and release. Deport every illegal convicted of any crime, and make re-entering after deportation a felony with some serious consequences.

Exactly. that is what I thought too. But just like with any American, they run you through the system and if they find out you don't really have a license and that is a fake, then you better be able to prove why you have a fake ID.

02 Jun 2010 15:04 #18 by TPP
Make my words, micro-chip IDs are not far away.

02 Jun 2010 15:08 #19 by The Viking

TPP wrote: Make my words, micro-chip IDs are not far away.

I won't argue with you there. It is not only already being talked about seriously but the Liberals in our Government love being able to keep track of people and they are in control. Plus it was predicted in the Bible and it is inevitable.

02 Jun 2010 16:18 #20 by Grady

The Viking wrote:

TPP wrote: Make my words, micro-chip IDs are not far away.

I won't argue with you there. It is not only already being talked about seriously but the Liberals in our Government love being able to keep track of people and they are in control. Plus it was predicted in the Bible and it is inevitable.

Agreed. But they won’t be mandatory at first, child molesters and rapists first, after all we have a society to protect. Then convicted felons followed by gun owners, after all we have a society to protect. And its so much easier to keep track of medical records with the “new” technology, everyone who receives Medicare, Medical or what ever medical programs, is next, after all we have a society to protect. And on down the line until every baby in chipped before it leaves the hospital.
No more having to carry around that wallet or purse, just RF scan the base of your skull.
:VeryScared:

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds