Dow just went under 11,000

16 Nov 2010 11:37 #11 by Scruffy
Replied by Scruffy on topic Dow just went under 11,000

archer wrote: Of course you all realize that the stock market rises and falls on none of these factors....yeah, you knew that.....but it is fun to hypothesize.

No, it's fun to try and pin it on the Obama administration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Nov 2010 11:39 #12 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Dow just went under 11,000

Scruffy wrote:

archer wrote: Of course you all realize that the stock market rises and falls on none of these factors....yeah, you knew that.....but it is fun to hypothesize.

sheesh scruffy, the conservatives here have tried to pin everything but their hang nail on Obama.....that is probably next.

16 Nov 2010 11:42 #13 by Residenttroll returns

Really? If you don't believe high wealth individuals are divesting in the stock market and other investment vehicles because of the potential of large cap gains in 2011....you are naive. High wealth individuals make many investments based upon tax policy - corporations do too. Corporations have entire staffs dedicated to tax avoidance.

But why do you...care you just want to spend their money for them...instead of letting them invest it.

16 Nov 2010 11:43 #14 by Scruffy
Replied by Scruffy on topic Dow just went under 11,000

archer wrote:

Scruffy wrote:

sheesh scruffy, the conservatives here have tried to pin everything but their hang nail on Obama.....that is probably next.

Wrong again, Archer. Next, they will be blaming their erectile dysfunction on Obama. :jk2:

16 Nov 2010 12:19 #15 by FredHayek

Really? You honestly believe that high income people & croporations don't consider future tax policy before they make their market choices? Reality check please.

Although I think worries about Ireland's debt are also part of the current stock market plunge.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Nov 2010 12:28 #16 by Residenttroll returns

Scruffy wrote:
Wrong again, Archer. Next, they will be blaming their erectile dysfunction on Obama. :jk2:

We blame that on the lack of Bush.

16 Nov 2010 13:06 #17 by BearMtnHIB

rofllol - Exactly!

I just don't see a real reason to be invested in this market. What's the next big force? There's no internet boom - no housing boom - no dot com boom - no real reason for the market to go anywhere. The greenies say it will be a green energy boom - but I don't see that happening either.

There will be plenty of time to identify the next market mover - and right now I see nothing that might move it up. My opinion is that this market is being propped up by the government's policy of destroying the dollar.

As the dollar falls - the value of companies that can produce a product or service rises. Pretty scary.

16 Nov 2010 13:57 #18 by Photo-fish

residenttroll wrote:

Scruffy wrote:

rofllol :lol: :rofl

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

16 Nov 2010 14:23 #19 by lionshead2010

residenttroll wrote:

Scruffy wrote:

It reminds me of that picture I saw several years ago. It was two women holding a sign that said "Lesbians Against Bush".

I was like, "what the hell, lesbians against Bush? How can that be?" rofllol

16 Nov 2010 17:22 #20 by AV8OR
Replied by AV8OR on topic Dow just went under 11,000
Enjoy the ride down folks! It only gets worse.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds