On the first day of Christmas the republicans gave to me...

19 Nov 2010 09:29 #11 by FredHayek

rldbailey wrote:

SS109 wrote: Hey, 80% are still employed! Better than FDR did in 12 years!

And FDR got us into the most costly war in terms of American casualties and debt as a percent of GDP.

In fact, before Reagan & the Bushes, it was Dems who got us involved in wars.

I thought it was Japan and the bombing of Pearl Harbor that finally got us into WWII? Or has that part of history been rewritten?? FDR had NO choice but to enter the war under the circumstances and I believe any sitting President would have made the same decision regardless of political affiliation.

If you read the new revisionist history, Japan was forced into attacking us after we refused to sell them the oil they needed for conquest. And while Germany declared war on us, they didn't attack our homeland so there was no reason to go to Europe.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Nov 2010 09:38 #12 by Residenttroll returns

SS109 wrote:
If you read the new revisionist history, Japan was forced into attacking us after we refused to sell them the oil they needed for conquest. And while Germany declared war on us, they didn't attack our homeland so there was no reason to go to Europe.

In a decade the revisionist will write, "Americans bombed Japan because Japanese are brown skinned. Tensions arose as Americans needed their oil for their oil thirsty SUVs coupled with the American desire to dominate the BetaMax industry."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds