Liberals: No Christmas for anyone

20 Nov 2010 09:44 - 20 Nov 2010 10:03 #21 by LadyJazzer

major bean wrote: It must be terrible to be a liberal, and then find that you have been used. All of the psuedo intellectual verbage, condescension, and arrogance is humor to most of the world.

No, actually, it's great fun... Picking off the b.s. of the far-right is a full-contact sport, as well as a spectator-sport. The whole "Righties-as-entertainment" process kicks into high-gear right around this time every year. I'm looking forward to the first copy-and-paste outrage-of-the-day about "nativity scenes on public property." Shall we start a pool to see who comes closest to the day/time that it happens? We might as well make some money off of it.

:popcorn:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Nov 2010 09:59 #22 by major bean
Nice spin.

Regards,
Major Bean

20 Nov 2010 10:02 #23 by LadyJazzer
Nice regurgitated stock-reply. When you don't have anything else, it's: "Nice spin"...

20 Nov 2010 10:07 #24 by major bean
Even still, you will never grow one.

Regards,
Major Bean

20 Nov 2010 10:16 #25 by LadyJazzer
Dumb, irrelevant reply... But I would expect no less.

Is that the best you got on the topic, Sparkie?

We can always tell when you've lost an argument and have no more ideas... Instead of replying to the topic you start in on the personal attacks... At that point, I've already "won."

20 Nov 2010 10:30 #26 by major bean
No one "wins" at a standup routine.

Regards,
Major Bean

20 Nov 2010 12:11 #27 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
MB thou is too courteous to this clam faced piece of crap. Wish this fur trader had met up with that mexican dude that specializes in dragging loud mouth hos behind pickups. :lol:

20 Nov 2010 12:16 #28 by archer

Teddy wrote: MB thou is too courteous to this clam faced piece of crap. Wish this fur trader had met up with that mexican dude that specializes in dragging loud mouth hos behind pickups. :lol:

there he goes again....wishing death and/or violence on another poster....when will the conservatives on this board get with the program? This poster/troll not only gives you other conservatives a bad name, but you appear to share his warped views by your silence. If this is really the opinion of all you conservatives here....then get some guts and say so.

20 Nov 2010 12:29 #29 by ScienceChic

residenttroll CA wrote:

Pineguy wrote: Christmas didn't become a national holiday until 1870, so our Founding Fathers didn't think that much of Christmas when they started our great country. It took almost 100 years for it to finally be officially recognized.

Most Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus of Nazareth on December 25. Before the 19th century, many Americans worked on Christmas, but in the industrial era the holiday also began to honor universal values such as home, children and family life, and to incorporate secular customs like exchanging gifts and cards, and the decoration of evergreen trees.

On December 6, 1999, the verdict for Ganulin v. United States (1999) declared that "the establishment of Christmas Day as a legal public holiday does not violate the Establishment Clause because it has a valid secular purpose." This decision was upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court on December 19, 2000.

Santa Claus will not be visiting some liberals this year either. They either don't believe believe or have been naughty.

I've been nice! :biggrin:

Oh yea, MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

So after stating the facts showing that Christmas wasn't always a nationally, officially celebrated holiday, but people now seem to think of it as a God-given right, like toys in their Happy Meals, you come back with that means liberals don't believe? That's quite a stretch.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 Nov 2010 13:06 #30 by Residenttroll returns
SC,

You're wrong. The celebration of Christmas was God given. Would you like me to retell the greatest story ever told?

Eastern Orthodox Christians celebrate Christmas on January 7th. Western Christians celebrate on December 25th. The birthday of baby Jesus is not revealed in the New Testament. Jesus has an historical context; he's neither a myth nor a legend. I am sure a scientist can appreciate historical context.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds