Millionaires to Obama: Tax Us

19 Nov 2010 21:23 #11 by V_A
Replied by V_A on topic Millionaires to Obama: Tax Us

Scruffy wrote:
I have yet to see confirmation that the people earning over $250,000 are the job creators. I think they are just the money hoarders.

What is your issue with people who make this much? Why do you call the hoarders? Do you personally know someone who makes this much?

I know at least a hundred people who make more that $250K and these people give a lot to charity and to help people they meet who are in need.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Nov 2010 22:53 #12 by Residenttroll returns
Why do these rich millionaires need a tax to donate if they are truly patriotic? You don't have to be tax to donate to Uncle Sam. Pay.gov will gladly accept a donation.

https://www.pay.gov/paygov/forms/formIn ... d=23779454

20 Nov 2010 10:57 #13 by Scruffy

AVs Good Twin wrote:

Scruffy wrote:
I have yet to see confirmation that the people earning over $250,000 are the job creators. I think they are just the money hoarders.

What is your issue with people who make this much? Why do you call the hoarders? Do you personally know someone who makes this much?

I know at least a hundred people who make more that $250K and these people give a lot to charity and to help people they meet who are in need.

I don't have an issue with people that make that much. Someday, I hope to be a rich person like them. I just think that taxes hurt them less than those of us who are making less.

Remember the parable of the Widow's Mite in the New Testament. (Mark 12:41-44, Luke 21:1-4) The less you have, the more money means to you.

Back to the original post of this thread, some millionaires have actually endorsed being taxed an additional 3%. THREE PERCENT INCREASE. Do you have an issue with that? If you read the article, that's an increase of about $700 a year for those closer to the $250k mark.

20 Nov 2010 12:15 #14 by V_A
Replied by V_A on topic Millionaires to Obama: Tax Us
I don't have an issue with the tax increase. I voted for Obama and I make more than $250k

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds