Libertarian Plan Balances the Federal Budget by 2020

30 Nov 2010 10:59 #11 by Photo-fish

Nmysys wrote: You are only partially Liberal, my friend, but some might say that is kin to being only halfway pregnant! I find you Liberal on most issues but actually Conservative on some.

I'd like to think I am a bit liberal on most social issues and a bit conservative on most fiscal issues. The problem with forums like this is that once you express an opinion that leans either way, you are pegged forever. Gods forbid you disagree with some of the folks here, you are called every name in the book and then marginalized ever after.

I could start posting under another nic and take a stance on just one single issue (right or left) and be pigeon holed without ever having said another word.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Nov 2010 11:02 #12 by Nmysys
You are a big boy, you can handle it. It's not that bad.

What bothers me is that none of the responses address my concerns about our Defense. Have me become so apathetic in this country, that we no longer care if we are free?

30 Nov 2010 11:12 #13 by Photo-fish
I am all for defense. Secure the borders!! I think we have a problem with our offense.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

30 Nov 2010 11:14 #14 by outdoor338

30 Nov 2010 11:14 #15 by Photo-fish

Nmysys wrote: It's not that bad.

In your opinion.

30 Nov 2010 16:16 #16 by Nmysys
They pick on me a whole lot more than they pick on you, my friend.

30 Nov 2010 16:49 #17 by PrintSmith

Nmysys wrote: You are a big boy, you can handle it. It's not that bad.

What bothers me is that none of the responses address my concerns about our Defense. Have me become so apathetic in this country, that we no longer care if we are free?

IMNTBHO, we don't need to be basing our forces all across the globe. The time has come for the Japanese to defend themselves, same for the Koreans, same for the Brits, the French, the Germans, the Saudis and everyone else. Our army was established to protect the freedom and liberties of the citizens of this nation from being taken away by a foreign power. Our navy is established to protect the commerce between this nation and others from being interrupted or abused. This nation was not established to be an empire nation as the European nations once were. All empires fail, they eventually are forced to go back home either because of economics or because they suffer defeat in war. This nation took a turn for the worse when the belief shifted from divine Providence to manifest destiny. It was at this point that we became an empire nation akin to those that existed in Europe at the time, and it was at this point where the eventual fall of the empire became ordained.

30 Nov 2010 22:13 #18 by daisypusher

Photo-fish wrote:

Nmysys wrote: Meanwhile to your question, since any time you mention Conservatives, I know you are speaking directly to me.

rofllol

I thought David Letterman was speaking just to me, but when a psycho bitch had a restraining order issued against him for speaking to her through the TV, I realized that I was not his only one.

01 Dec 2010 05:59 #19 by LOL

Nobody that matters wrote: That's a good idea, but it doesn't address the fact that some budget lines should be eliminated completely because they are outside of the scope of where the federal government should operate.

I agree, but how is this done? It seems to me the Supreme court needs to do its job on this. The Transportation dept and Dept of Ed, healthcare and others use funding "carrots" to push their agenda in an end run around the rights of states to set their own laws. (Ed standards, DUI limits, seat belts, etc. etc.). The states are part to blame for taking the Fed money with strings attached.

As for balancing the budget, I am skeptical. I bet they will keep pushing the problem down the road until the bond market forces extreme action in a crisis.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

01 Dec 2010 06:15 #20 by Nobody that matters

Joe wrote: I agree, but how is this done? It seems to me the Supreme court needs to do its job on this. The Transportation dept and Dept of Ed, healthcare and others use funding "carrots" to push their agenda in an end run around the rights of states to set their own laws. (Ed standards, DUI limits, seat belts, etc. etc.). The states are part to blame for taking the Fed money with strings attached.

As for balancing the budget, I am skeptical. I bet they will keep pushing the problem down the road until the bond market forces extreme action in a crisis.

How is it done? By a congress that finally pulls it's head out and realizes that the power past sessions have accumulated is killing our country. It's going to be done by senators and reps that care more about what's good for the country than what's good for themselves.

Which leads to your next statement - and you're right. It won't be done until something forces it. Congress will not put country before self until they have to.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds